Yes Mark...
I refer to Tigers - my club.
:smt023
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New coaching structure?

Post by Dangerous4 »

There a number of quality sides in the Challenge Cup next season. I currently do not envisage us winning it, especially if we don't bring in decent coaches.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm There a number of quality sides in the Challenge Cup next season. I currently do not envisage us winning it, especially if we don't bring in decent coaches.
Umm I wonder if we get Edinburgh in our pool :axe: ?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If nothing changes we might not get out of our group!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:52 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm There a number of quality sides in the Challenge Cup next season. I currently do not envisage us winning it, especially if we don't bring in decent coaches.
That would be awesome and possibly a sell out!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:55 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:52 pm
That would be awesome and possibly a sell out!
Sell out at WR and then a great away trip. I like the idea of getting Edinburgh in our group. I would be a tough fixture but should be entertaining (on the premise we improve significantly from the season just finished).
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Perpignan,Zebre and the like are a tough fixture at present!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

So given all the recent media, I can’t see the coaching set up changing much. Probably Blake leaving with Ford taking over defence. Stanko and Bakewell remaining with Murphy head coach. No DOR.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:17 pm So given all the recent media, I can’t see the coaching set up changing much. Probably Blake leaving with Ford taking over defence. Stanko and Bakewell remaining with Murphy head coach. No DOR.
Terrifying!!!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Bakewell remaining in his current role is unlikely. Unlikely to be promoted to DOR!

The only one within the current coaching structure that could be promoted to DOR is Ford and looking at this season he's going to have enough of a task patching up our defence. The rest are too inexperienced or hardly seem to have stood out enough to merit promotion. (See paragraph 1 above)
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Bakewell still under contract I think so would have to leave by mutual consent or we pay him off.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So it's Borthwick we are in for then. Not overly excited tbh
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 am So it's Borthwick we are in for then. Not overly excited tbh
Where have you seen that?

Considering there were rumours he was looking at the top job at Ulster, and that he allegedly turned down a coaching role at Wasps, I cant see him wanting to come in here and be working underneath Murphy.

That being said, if he is interested, he is a young, hungry coach with a fair bit of experience and, importantly, knows how to win.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Hehehehehehehehe
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 am 2 things Saracens beat Leinster well but personally I wouldn’t describe it as a Demolition, Tigers at Exeter first game of the season was a demolition.

Also I totally agree that Ackerman has done a fine job at Gloucester as has Boyd at Northampton, but even taking that into account they both lost by over 20 points, are imho still considerably closer to Tigers, even after our abysmal season, than they are to Saracens and Exeter
Agreed. We have Saracens and Exeter ahead of everyone else.

Then there’s Gloucester- not as good as Exeter or Saracens but better than the other 9 when Cipriani plays. Without him, they’re on par with the other 9.

Then we have all the other teams who are all at a similar level. Saints could have easily finished near the bottom of the table this season and Falcons could have been nearer 4th. Neither of them were ever going to be anywhere near the top though.