Geordie up before the beak...three week ban!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Geordie up before the beak...guilt admitted

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please can we stick to the topic.....if you want to discuss anything else please post on an existing related thread or start a new one.

:smt023

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Geordie up before the beak...

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 pm Traveller thanks for your post, and now you have put some meat on the bones I agree with a lot of what you say.

For the record I have no issues with a coach taking issue with bad refereeing, it shows passion and commitment to the cause, and also huge disappointment in having the match taken from his grasp in the last minute, a large part of which was down to poor officials.
I’ve no doubt he will receive a punishment, this is the rfu after all, and hope he will learn from the incident in what ever role he is doing next season
Poor substitutions and timings of such also added to the reasons we lost.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Mark62 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 pmFor the record I have no issues with a coach taking issue with bad refereeing, it shows passion and commitment to the cause
...even when they are foul, abusive and disrespectful?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

DingDong wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:55 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 pmFor the record I have no issues with a coach taking issue with bad refereeing, it shows passion and commitment to the cause
I’m not sure we know that is the case here, and no there is no place for that, but you can get your message across whilst not being any of those things.

Respect is a 2 way street and some officials need to realise this and get down from their plinth
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

strawclearer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:24 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm No excuses for Murphs. He was wrong, and must have known repercussions would follow. It wont have done his "Mr. Nice Guy" image any favours, and I doubt the BOD will be very impressed. It could mean a ban at the start of next season. :smt018
...which, if he's DoR with a new Head Coach, won't be such a problem! :smt002

If! Let's all pray this will happen. It certainly needs to
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Frustrated as we all were with the oficiating on Saturday you have to be careful how you do it if you are a club official.

As fans we all made our feelings known at the time, but we are allowed to.

It has to be pretty bad for Geordie to blow his stack, but he'll have to take his punishment. If only the same would be applied to the officials.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Mark62 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm
DingDong wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:55 pm
I’m not sure we know that is the case here, and no there is no place for that, but you can get your message across whilst not being any of those things.

Respect is a 2 way street and some officials need to realise this and get down from their plinth
Agreed. Respect is earned, not owed. There are many who fall foul of this.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Two things about refs:
1) Sarries and Exeter have said, “No excuses if we lose the game: not the ref to blame but on the day we weren’t good enough.” When Tigers play well enough the ref is taken out of the equation.

2) I personally believe, however, that some refs have become lazy because they can fall back on the TMO who, not just in Tigers’ games but in too many games, have made a complete mess of things and are ruining the entertainment value. Saturday, v Bath was a farce with endless replays and in some cases, offences that were going to spoken about then forgotten. On Tigers drive over for the looked at try, when I watched the game’s highlights when I got back home, the touch judge told Sir that Bath had illegally pulled the maul down illegally, hence hinting at a penalty try or yellow card! After the replays this advice was forgotten and of course would have save countless replays. Bath to their credit had accepted a try had been scored and looked relieved that the TMO was only asked about evidence of grounding not the pulling down!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Murphy accepted both charges and the following sanction was imposed:

– Prohibited from coaching duties for three weeks
– Games to be served are the first three meaningful games of the 2019/20 season
– Pay a fine of £1,500 to be applied to a charity selected by the RFU Elite Referees Department
– Write a personal letter of apology to Sean Davey, copied to the other match officials appointed to the game
– Write open letter to Leicester players and officials apologising for his actions and making it clear that match official abuse is entirely inconsistent with the values of the game.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
GETHIN EXILE

Re: Geordie up before the beak...three week ban!

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

I hope the TMO will be sanctioned for his "unacceptable and inconsistent" performance
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Think he was right to not challenge it, at the end of the day referees are under the umbrella of the RFU and it’s not worth it trying to counteract it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Was Davy the 4th official
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:16 pm Was Davy the 4th official
It would seem so yes.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Well, all I can say is Murphs got what he asked for. He must have known he would get a ban.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:27 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:16 pm Was Davy the 4th official
It would seem so yes.
Davy was TMO which just goes to show what a farce the whole thing is. Yes Geordan was wrong, but Davy’s performance was abject in the extreme and yet he gets apologised to