New coaching structure?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: New coaching structure?

Post by RagingBull »

But the forum posters wouldn't want them what with their Tigers connections.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rowntree to Munster? Shame. Brown going back to Highlanders ,could Mauger be available? :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Well, it sounds like Geordan doesn't want any changes... its that or the options that were targets are now going elsewhere.

So we're stuck with the poor forwards coaching, frankly pathetic defensive systems that are easy to read and a lack of real investment in the coaching set up.

Ah well, at least they gave us hope of change in the final weeks eh?!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TTRITH wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:50 pm Well, it sounds like Geordan doesn't want any changes... its that or the options that were targets are now going elsewhere.

So we're stuck with the poor forwards coaching, frankly pathetic defensive systems that are easy to read and a lack of real investment in the coaching set up.

Ah well, at least they gave us hope of change in the final weeks eh?!
Not strictly true - Blake was only contracted until the end of the season and Ford was only brought in as a consultant. So, unless we are giving Blake a new contract and Ford a permanent one, then there will need to be changes.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:54 pm Not strictly true - Blake was only contracted until the end of the season and Ford was only brought in as a consultant. So, unless we are giving Blake a new contract and Ford a permanent one, then there will need to be changes.
Its where he says "hopefully with these guys on board" which makes me worry Blake will get a new deal.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sounds scary! I envisage another repeat,can't wait!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Missed out on our targets?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

This is going to be interesting.

I hope we are all proved wrong and Murphy with the current coaching team make a success of it.

Don''t ask me what I think will happen because you might not like the answer.

Still, we've got the RWC to look forward to.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I think it will be another disastrous season if the coaching team remains the same,I'm very worried!!! That piece looks worse each time I read it!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 pm I think it will be another disastrous season if the coaching team remains the same,I'm very worried!!! That piece looks worse each time I read it!
Agree, hoped Bakewell and Blake were on their way!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Our current coaching team have PROVED themselves to be the worst we have ever had. Keep them and we are well and truly ( censored ), for next season, Boris excluded.

If we start next season, like this one, there are going to be more and more empty seats in the ground. Is this what the BOD want? I hope not.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well Allen needs replacing, that is a certainty surely, mixed messages coming from the club though.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

At least he acknowledged (in Today’s other article) that we must play smarter next season, hoping to see some real variation!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 pm I think it will be another disastrous season if the coaching team remains the same,I'm very worried!!! That piece looks worse each time I read it!
Certainly if Blake ends up staying, there has been a complete 'about-face' in the last couple of weeks!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:41 pm
jgriffin wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Certainly if Blake ends up staying, there has been a complete 'about-face' in the last couple of weeks!
Our targets turned us down?