Welford Road soundtrack

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Welford Road soundtrack

Post by JP14 »

Listening to the likes of Ashton Gate on the TV they have very good DJs and a very good soundtrack, the soundtrack at WR is good, but the songs are not ones that entice the ground too much.

For me I’d keep Smoke on the Water, Roar and Shiny Happy People but I would like to see these songs played from next season...
  • The Greatest Show (Victory song) - I’ve Got a Feeling is a one generation song and that generation doesn’t really like it anymore
  • Can’t Stop The Feeling (Justin Timberlake)
  • High Hopes (Panic at the Disco)
  • Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay)
  • I’ve Gotta Be Me (Sammy Davies)
Plus I missed the old days when the TTTE soundtrack would play after Waldrom scored, perhaps we should have one for May or Thompson?

What are your thoughts on this?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Welford Road soundtrack

Post by Mark62 »

Cheers and applause are all that’s needed, we don’t need a DJ, it would be like the cricket, with Sweet Caroline belting out every 5 minutes.

Next thing you’ll be wanting cheerleaders
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,watching a lot of SR and the music is getting ridiculous! Although I'd take it every day over Wasps drums or W Chiefs :censored: bells!!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cheers and applause; Smoke on the Water; Ace of Spades (or anything with Lemmy to be honest! It's an aging rocker thing!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How about Jethro Tulls Living in the Past because that's what the club seems to be doing :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It's a fine line to walk on, Bristol do it just right imo.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I don't mind the traditional Smoke on the water for them to come out to - particulalry as the foot stamping helps to build an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition.

But music after points are scored? No thanks.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

JP14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm Listening to the likes of Ashton Gate on the TV they have very good DJs and a very good soundtrack, the soundtrack at WR is good, but the songs are not ones that entice the ground too much.

For me I’d keep Smoke on the Water, Roar and Shiny Happy People but I would like to see these songs played from next season...
  • The Greatest Show (Victory song) - I’ve Got a Feeling is a one generation song and that generation doesn’t really like it anymore
  • Can’t Stop The Feeling (Justin Timberlake)
  • High Hopes (Panic at the Disco)
  • I’ve Gotta Be Me (Sammy Davies)
Plus I missed the old days when the TTTE soundtrack would play after Waldrom scored, perhaps we should have one for May or Thompson?

They played a tune after Waldrom scored? Did they? I don’t remember that! I hate music being played after a score.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pmPlus I missed the old days when the TTTE soundtrack would play after Waldrom scored, perhaps we should have one for May or Thompson?

I genuinely cannot remember any soundtrack playing after TTTE scored for us :smt017
mol2 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:46 pm I don't mind the traditional Smoke on the water for them to come out to - particulalry as the foot stamping helps to build an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition.

But music after points are scored? No thanks.
Agree entirely.

I like to hear Welcome to the Jungle in the build up to teams coming out - Tigers, Jungle.....

I still to this day do not know why we do not use Eye of the Tiger by Survivor more (Copyright issue maybe?) - OK so maybe last season (or perhaps more....) we weren't exactly "rising up to the challenge of our rivals" much but still, it's relevant IMO.
JP14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pmthe soundtrack at WR is good, but the songs are not ones that entice the ground too much.
:smt017 I'm not even sure what this means.

An appropriate song would be by Extreme - Get the Funk Out - "If you don't like, what you see here, Get the Funk out...." but it would be open to abuse.....and probably upset the eternal doom mongers.....
strawclearer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:05 pm Cheers and applause; Smoke on the Water; Ace of Spades (or anything with Lemmy to be honest! It's an aging rocker thing!)
:smt038 :smt038 I'd probably ignore the rugby if Lemmy was involved..... might not be a bad thing
JP14 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm
Nay, Nay and thrice Nay - the rugby was bad enough without coldplay in the mix....

But then music is subjective - and rightly so, horses for courses and all that.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Theres nothing wrong with Sweet Caroline, its used everywhere, its not offensive and everyone sings along to it, it makes Cricket!

Give me Neil Diamond any day. :smt035

No Drummers!
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

LE18 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:50 pm Theres nothing wrong with Sweet Caroline, its used everywhere, its not offensive and everyone sings along to it, it makes Cricket!

Give me Neil Diamond any day. :smt035

No Drummers!
Please, not Sweet Caroline. What about “We’re on the Road to Nowhere..”?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:30 pm Cheers and applause are all that’s needed, we don’t need a DJ, it would be like the cricket, with Sweet Caroline belting out every 5 minutes.

What’s wrong with cheerleaders, if they’re used correctly they can really add to a match, probably too American for the oldies on here...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 am
Mark62 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:30 pm Cheers and applause are all that’s needed, we don’t need a DJ, it would be like the cricket, with Sweet Caroline belting out every 5 minutes.

What’s wrong with cheerleaders, if they’re used correctly they can really add to a match, probably too American for the oldies on here...
Short step away from disco dancers and fireworks every time a penalty goal is landed.

The game is a spectacle in itself, you want to improve it, change the laws so it is easier to understand and easier to officiate.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am
JP14 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 am

Short step away from disco dancers and fireworks every time a penalty goal is landed.

The game is a spectacle in itself, you want to improve it, change the laws so it is easier to understand and easier to officiate.
Agreed. I struggle to get my head around people wanting fireworks, flames, music after tries are scored and cheerleaders. Have we not come to watch the rugby? :smt017