Preseason fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Preseason fixtures

Post by JP14 »

With it being the World Cup year, what will be the preseason fixtures be like? Obviously we have the PRC during the World Cup but what about beforehand? Last time we had the honorary match vs Argentina and the Kings of the North tournament, but will the preseason just be like last year with London Irish, Cardiff and Benetton? If the latter, I’d like to keep the same opponents, to see what the new Exiles team is made of and also Benetton are extremely competitive and arguably a better team than we are at present.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Preseason fixtures

Post by Mark62 »

I would imagine that the club don’t even know yet.

Re Benetton not sure how you reach that conclusion given the league they play in, but also if we play them pre season at least half their first team squad will be on World Cup duty
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

i think the pre season games will be even more of a farce than usual with RWC players missing and other key players protected from injury . Given the large number of newcomers to our Squad I would select the anticipated starters for our 1st premiership game from pre season game 1 so that at least they gain some familiarity with each over and practice the game plan ( if any ?? )
MJB

Post by MJB »

I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

MJB wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.
Well, that's fair enough if true.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 am I would imagine that the club don’t even know yet.

Re Benetton not sure how you reach that conclusion given the league they play in, but also if we play them pre season at least half their first team squad will be on World Cup duty
Hence the term, arguably.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

MJB wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 pm I was given to understand (by the ticket office staff) that there won't be any preseason matches next season, especially at home, which is reflected in the reduced season ticket prices for next season.
My season ticket hasn’t been reduced.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerS2 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 pm
My season ticket hasn’t been reduced.
I bet their response is that its not been increased, for that reason.