GROUNDS

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: GROUNDS

Post by Dangerous4 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:36 am I’m quite fond of Sandy Park, a bit of old mixed in with the new. Kingsholm is horrible. Main stand with pillars, so the view can be pants......why ? Went there once and this lout got very close to being decked, given he was crowing that they’d beaten us and in an aggressive manner. My daughter was genuinely scared. I wish I had lamped him one.

Oh and the Ricoh....soulless dump...along with the Madjeski.

I can fully understand what you say about Kingsholm. My view is similar but a little more extreme.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

jgriffin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:08 am
BigDan50 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am Best ground to visit the Rec in Bath, wonderful setting to watch rugby in a fantastic city, if they get planning permission to build their new stadium it will probably be one of the best places to watch rugby in the world.

Worst ground to visit is Gloucesters ground, pillars in the stand restricting views and some of their fans very aggressive, only ground we have visited where we have been threatened.
Would agree with this and add Wuss as a fave, lovely food, close to the action especially if you stand by the bars as I do, nice fans. Sandy Park a few years ago was similar, love the Arms Park for the banter and close to the action in the North Stand, but my real fave is Melrose - a great club, wonderful ground and views.
Pet hates apart from Glaws - Rodney Parade (grim), Bridgend (really grim), Liberty (Ospreys) - bleak and more expletives than you've ever heard (it is in Swansea, mind. where F*** is punctuation).
[/quote

Again, re Gloucester, I agree fully.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

BFG wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 am Taking into consideration everything and balancing it all out from atmosphere to travel etc my favourite Premiership ground is Worcester and least favourite is Sale.
It always seems to be sunny whenever I go to Sixways which I think has influenced it.
The Principailty is some stadium though, been to events there from rugby to speedway and it is a great atmosphere.
I've been told that Sarries may be using Spurs new stadium in the future and I'll definitely visit that for a fixture.
Over the years Wasps have kept changing grounds, thus depriving themselves of avid fans. Where will they go next, I wonder?
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:28 pm
BFG wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:53 am Taking into consideration everything and balancing it all out from atmosphere to travel etc my favourite Premiership ground is Worcester and least favourite is Sale.
It always seems to be sunny whenever I go to Sixways which I think has influenced it.
The Principailty is some stadium though, been to events there from rugby to speedway and it is a great atmosphere.
I've been told that Sarries may be using Spurs new stadium in the future and I'll definitely visit that for a fixture.
Over the years Wasps have kept changing grounds, thus depriving themselves of avid fans. Where will they go next, I wonder?
Probably administration.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Favourite- The Rec. Beautiful city, proper old school rugby ground and the crowd are fine. One of the only away days the missus will come with me on because it's a nice place to visit.

Worst- Has to be Allianz Park. Completely soulless leisure centre with the absolute worst fans in the Prem, nestled in a very dull part of the back end of North London. Been twice, can't see myself ever bothering to go back unless we get them in a semi final.

Special mention to Treviso's Comunale di Monigo, because who doesn't love an away day to Venice that we would formerly be reasonably sure of winning.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I would love to go to Kingsholm one day, but it would probably have to be as a neutral!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am Best ground to visit the Rec in Bath, wonderful setting to watch rugby in a fantastic city, if they get planning permission to build their new stadium it will probably be one of the best places to watch rugby in the world.

Worst ground to visit is Gloucesters ground, pillars in the stand restricting views and some of their fans very aggressive, only ground we have visited where we have been threatened.
You too.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Some of the Gloc fans I've seen abusing players in online videos remind me of the three witches with one eye and one tooth between them :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:36 pm Some of the Gloc fans I've seen abusing players in online videos remind me of the three witches with one eye and one tooth between them :smt005
They’re probably related
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

hed
I would love to go to Kingsholm one day, but it would probably have to be as a neutral!
[/quote]S

Take my advice and do so, especially if you are near the Shed". Don't take any children either.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

For me the worst is Sarries, so far away from the plastic pitch, standing is flat with running track around pitch and no connection between any 2 very simplistic stands, just no atmosphere. Didn't find it too difficult to get to though, just next to junction with M1 and A1.
Interesting experience at Kingsholm, took my grown up daughter, Im so engrossed in game I didnt notice she had fainted, until the St Johns brought her back to me. Slap hand. :smt018
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 pm For me the worst is Sarries, so far away from the plastic pitch, standing is flat with running track around pitch and no connection between any 2 very simplistic stands, just no atmosphere. Didn't find it too difficult to get to though, just next to junction with M1 and A1.
Interesting experience at Kingsholm, took my grown up daughter, Im so engrossed in game I didnt notice she had fainted, until the St Johns brought her back to me. Slap hand. :smt018
:smt005 wow! Hope she's ok,rugby ay!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:43 pm Take my advice and do so, especially if you are near the Shed". Don't take any children either.
Don’t worry about the last bit D4 😂😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Favourite ground is either the Rec or the Gardens. Echo exactly what everyone says about Bath, I love the area, and the atmosphere post match is always good. The Gardens has probably my favourite fan area (water feature in the middle of a rugby ground :smt005 ) and we have family that are STHs at the Gardens so it's always a good day out!

Worst has to be the Liberty Stadium. :censored: long way away, and then the walk to the stadium from the station and then the fans!

Looking forward to going to Ashton Gate next season.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:31 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 pm For me the worst is Sarries, so far away from the plastic pitch, standing is flat with running track around pitch and no connection between any 2 very simplistic stands, just no atmosphere. Didn't find it too difficult to get to though, just next to junction with M1 and A1.
:smt005 wow! Hope she's ok,rugby ay!
Thanks Scott. it was a long time ago, she's 50 now and about to become a grandma and me a great granddad. :smt038