Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,18,19,20 & 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Goshengareth

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Season 2017/18 & 2018/2019

Post by Goshengareth »

Service still as slow and shocking as ever. Didn’t end up having a drink before or after as it was so slow.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 pm So what is the beer like now? I understand that Everards are now having their beer brewed at Robinsons in Stockport until the new Brewery in Fosse Park(?) is up and running.
The beer today was not good so not surprisingly the service was quite quick!
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

How stupid it was at weekend to advertise the going on in the Droglite's bar and then have to put stewards on the door to stop people going in because of overcrowding. Its a small bar, what did they expect :smt017
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:10 pm How stupid it was at weekend to advertise the going on in the Droglite's bar and then have to put stewards on the door to stop people going in because of overcrowding. Its a small bar, what did they expect :smt017
Highly illogical, but not surprising. :smt005
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Well, at least there is a possibility of improvement.

Let's give them a crack at it.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ourla wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:16 pm Well, at least there is a possibility of improvement.

Let's give them a crack at it.
To be fair, change has been made as quickly as contractually possible and they've chosen a professional firm with a good reputation who have a good local presence. The focus has been very much on the matchday experience for the great unwashed (like me) rather than the prawn sandwich brigade!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I view the appointment of Levy UK part of the Compass Group as a really positive way forward.
With them already holding the catering contract for the Leicester City FC this hopefully means that their already trained casual and permanent staff can cross the road and deliver a better hospitality,catering and more importantly bar staff that can deliver the desired drinks on time.
Whereas there are a few good Centreplate staff and I hope these can transfer there,however there are some terrible permanent Centreplate staff who I hope walk ~ as many are not built for speed. There again they all rely on some casual staff but with the correct training & management they can hopefully provide..
Let us all hope my initial thread becomes an occasional comment and even with some praise but time will tell and Levy UK have a lot of time to prepare before next season. :smt026
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Catering & Bar Feedback Seasons 2017,2018 & 2019/20

Post by Billb »

There was a fans forum this month where the new catering was discussed. I have not seen any comments regarding the move to a cashless stadium and the effect that this will have on the thousands of fans who do not have or use cashless credit cards.
I know that a number of older fans round me on the terrace will not be using the bars or catering in the future if they cannot use cash.
Will there be any facilities provided for these fans?
BillB
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Will be a flask and pickup for me. If they can't work the tills now what chance they will enter the correct amount on the card machine.
I'm not cynical just experienced
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Billb wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 pm I have not seen any comments regarding the move to a cashless stadium and the effect that this will have on the thousands of fans who do not have or use cashless credit cards.
How many people don't have or use a debit or credit card?

The whole reason it is being done is because it is more efficient.

In reality I doubt being cashless will hit business significantly. Of more importance is the quality of the produce and the service.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Used the usual bar in the Holland and Barrett on Friday evening. No queues when we arrived and the staff were still getting used to the new set-up. The price read out on the terminals is very small so I asked for a receipt to show what I had paid. It printed out at the far end of the bar with all the other orders, could be a pain on busy match days as I like a receipt when I use contactless.

I drive over from Peterborough so I usually only have the one beer when I arrive. Upon looking at the receipt and seeing £5.20 for a pint (not including the cup deposit) was a shock, I may be wrong but I’m sure it was a little cheaper last season. Based on this I doubt I’ll be having another in the ground for some time. I’ll be bringing a small flask of coffee for the Saints game.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

AdrianC wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:34 pm Used the usual bar in the Holland and Barrett on Friday evening. No queues when we arrived and the staff were still getting used to the new set-up. The price read out on the terminals is very small so I asked for a receipt to show what I had paid. It printed out at the far end of the bar with all the other orders, could be a pain on busy match days as I like a receipt when I use contactless.

I drive over from Peterborough so I usually only have the one beer when I arrive. Upon looking at the receipt and seeing £5.20 for a pint (not including the cup deposit) was a shock, I may be wrong but I’m sure it was a little cheaper last season. Based on this I doubt I’ll be having another in the ground for some time. I’ll be bringing a small flask of coffee for the Saints game.
I paid £5.20 including the cup deposit.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Definitely £5.20 plus another pound For the cup on my receipt, it seems they Can’t even get this right.

The new pint cups don’t have a pint mark on them. they look a bit small and I want to make sure I get a full measure (almost every game I have to ask for a top up). I took one home to check the measurements and full pint has the cup filled to the brim. Don’t get a short measure next game.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

AdrianC wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:15 am Definitely £5.20 plus another pound For the cup on my receipt, it seems they Can’t even get this right.

The new pint cups don’t have a pint mark on them. they look a bit small and I want to make sure I get a full measure (almost every game I have to ask for a top up). I took one home to check the measurements and full pint has the cup filled to the brim. Don’t get a short measure next game.
Whilst there is always risk of spillage in transit, should not the cup be pint to line and not pint to brim?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"