1989Tiger

Genge talks about this season

Post by 1989Tiger »

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Genge talks about this season

Post by mol2 »

There's never a doubt that Genge plays flat out and gives the impression that is the standard he expects of those around him.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's taken a while but maybe it's starting to sink in around the place that it's not the noughties anymore.

It's a new era and needs to be trreated as such. Not by ignoring the past and not by changing every single thing about what we do. But instead realising that there has to be organisation, stategy, people put in place that can get us back "in the mix" going forward. The fans probably have a part to play in that too.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

“Hopefully the new players fit in well and buy into the new culture we are trying to build. I’ve done my research on them and they seem like top blokes,” said Genge.

“I think our main focus has to be on rebuilding and creating our own legacy, not on living off trophies that were won in prior years.”

That sounds promising from a future POV.

Maybe he might like the idea of being a potential big part in rebuilding a club? To be one of the leaders.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

He also says:

"“Geordie did get chucked in at the deep end,” ...

“He’s a young bloke, experience-wise in terms of coaching, and to manage some of the best players in the world I can’t imagine is an easy job – especially when he has me in his ear every Monday morning at 8am giving him all sorts of hassle. I think he’s done a great job especially off the pitch managing the players.”

I've no doubt this will be ignored by some on here or dismissed as a 'well he would say that , wouldn't he'. I suspect in Ellis's case, though, he actually says what he believes.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If only a few more of the squad had shared Genge's drive and ambition we might not have had the season we have.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

That's the attitude we need from the entire team, and apart from a few, has been lacking for a few season's now.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

That sounds as if Genge sees Smurf in the DoR role - off the pitch = off the training ground?

Genge shows increasing maturity, leadership and ownership - all to the very, very good!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

strawclearer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm That sounds as if Genge sees Smurf in the DoR role - off the pitch = off the training ground?

Genge shows increasing maturity, leadership and ownership - all to the very, very good!
Does it? I don’t see it that way.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

1989Tiger wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:41 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm That sounds as if Genge sees Smurf in the DoR role - off the pitch = off the training ground?

I find Ellis Genge to be an interesting character. He had the maturity to move himself away from his home environment. He sneers and growls but his discipline is really good. Most of all, Once you get beyond the very dry sense of humour, he comes across as a very intelligent young man.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

teds wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:13 pm
1989Tiger wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:41 pm

I find Ellis Genge to be an interesting character. He had the maturity to move himself away from his home environment. He sneers and growls but his discipline is really good. Most of all, Once you get beyond the very dry sense of humour, he comes across as a very intelligent young man.
I'm with you and strawclearer on this teds. :smt023
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Genge is one of our very top assets, on a par with George Ford.
We really really cannot afford to lose him.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fortysix wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm Genge is one of our very top assets, on a par with George Ford.
We really really cannot afford to lose him.
But they also mustn’t be forced into offering stupid amounts at contract renewal time