Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2018-19

Post by sam16111986 »

I wouldn't have said a fullback was high on the list of priorities for Sales personally but he's a good player.

Be interesting to see how Sale go next season, Diamond has been very good at getting his small squads fired up with an us against the world mentality. With a bigger squad with a range of internationals to keep happy that might require a different management approach.

I still think could do with a little more spending up front, they could do with a bit more depth in the front five.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hammersley will do good for them in the World Cup period with potentially Ashton, McGuigan and maybe Solomona (he definitely deserves to) away to Japan in that backline.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:45 pm Hammersley will do good for them in the World Cup period with potentially Ashton, McGuigan and maybe Solomona (he definitely deserves to) away to Japan in that backline.
The only 1 of those 3 who might be at the World Cup is McGuigan.
Solomona is a great finisher but doesn’t have anywhere near good enough all round game to be an international
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Ashton will be thereabouts for the RWC squad. Particularly with injuries to inevitably come.

11.May, Ashton
14.Nowell, Cokanasiga
15.Daly

Those were the back three players used in the 6 Nations with Brown and Thorley in the training squads but not getting a game.

Watson will be in the squad for the warm-ups but he's yet to display whether he can return the same player after rupturing his Achilles for the second time.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Imho it is a backward step taking Ashton and Solomona.

Daley, Watson, Brown, May Nowell, Cockawa etc, and Thornley should all be ahead of them
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Pick your best players in my opinion.

Ashton and Thorley should be around the warm-up squads. Solomona is a terrific finisher but I'd take all of May, Daly, Nowell, Cokanasiga, Thorley and Ashton ahead of him.

Thorley is a real weapon. I'd like to see him get a chance during the warm-ups.

I'd also like to see Daly back on the wing though. I just don't see him as a fullback but he's a terrific winger who started 3 Lions tests against New Zealand.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

McGuigan resigns to Falcons for a further three years.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Apologies if this is old news but, from WalesOnline:

"Jack Roberts - The north Walian centre had no luck at all at the Arms Park, being plagued by injuries following his arrival from Leicester. He will now be hoping for better luck in Yorkshire, having signed for Doncaster."

and...

"Blaine Scully - The popular USA captain still had a year to run on his Cardiff Blues contract, but both parties mutually agreed to part ways . He has returned to the States and will now focus on the Eagles build-up to the World Cup."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Roberts was an idiot to chase ill-contrived international ambitions but he would be a great asset to have back at the club.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
glenn

Post by glenn »

Seems Rob Kearney is out of contract at leinster....
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

glenn wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:00 am Seems Rob Kearney is out of contract at leinster....
He is starting to look past his best at Leinster, so not for us.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

LE18 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:03 pm
glenn wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:00 am Seems Rob Kearney is out of contract at leinster....
He is starting to look past his best at Leinster, so not for us.

I tend to agree. His sharpness appears to have stuttered.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Thanks for the news Strawclearer on the transfers on "old Tigers!", even though Jack Roberts scored against us I would not recommend he returns here, but his aspirations were blown in Wales!
So I had a quick scan at the current transfers & leavers of ex Tigers that I am aware of ~ ( yes I know the list changes daily) -
Premiership - ~
Paul Grant Bath > Ealing Trailfinders, Tom Price Scarlets > Exeter * watch him mature. Kyle Traynor Glous.>Retirement Tommy Bell L.Irish > Ealing Trailfinders, Greig Tonks L.Irish > released, Tom Bristow Sale > released, Paulo Odogwu Sale > released.
Pro 14 ~
Robert Barbieri Benetton > retired, Jack Roberts Cardiff > Doncaster, Blaine Scully Cardiff > released. Luke Hamilton Edinburgh > released, Andy Forsyth Yorkshire Carnegie > Coventry, Ben Betts Ealing > Nottingham (season loan)
Joe Cobden Nottingham > retirement.
Top14 ~
Greg Peterson ??? Bordeaux > Newcastle, Ben Kayser Clermont > retirement, David Mele Perpignan > Austin Elite USA
Pablo Matera Jaguares > Stade Francais Ugh! , Lawrence Pearce Mont-de- Morsen > Agen

I recall that the Tigers website several years ago had an index of all known past players but this useful listing vanished in the website upgrade. What a shame this is not restored and updated with the players from the last few seasons added so as a consequence I expect that I have missed a few "Old Tigers"~ any ideas Moderators or Tigers web master please.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hmm Greg Tonks wouldn't be a bad short term signing. Can cover both 10 and 15 whilst some of the development players mature. Be cheap as well.

Interesting post Wormus.
BG01

Post by BG01 »

Do we know anything about where Luke Hamilton is going? Appreciate we don't want to live in the past too much but he is a good hard-working player who can cover the whole backrow, where we're a player short at the moment.
Never believe generalisations