Dear Murphs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Dear Murphs

Post by sapajo »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 pm Lovely dude, terrible coach but honestly I can't see him leaving voluntarily, his prospects of securing a similarly paid role elsewhere are basically nil. We're in for at least another season of Murphy in some capacity.
Bang on he is Tigers Royalty so hence his hurried and deeply troubling coronation/ Alas how long he can hold onto his crown depends solely upon the loyalty of his fellow cronies and not the bilge served up on the pitch or where we finish.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 pm Lovely dude, terrible coach but honestly I can't see him leaving voluntarily, his prospects of securing a similarly paid role elsewhere are basically nil. We're in for at least another season of Murphy in some capacity.
As water boy? He was very good at that I believe... :smt005
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:21 pm JP14...seems you are way behind the times, as the majority of supporters want Murphy out, and the rest of the worst Coaching set up by some degree in thePremiership. Bar Stanko.
Thinks it’s the other way round, you and FortySix don’t make the majority of fans.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Steve56
Tiger Cub

Post by Steve56 »

I attended a forum a few months ago, as did many others, in which the full coaching staff sat on the podium answering questions and giving their insights into the future of the club. At the time I came away impressed with what I'd heard that night. They all seemed to know what they were talking about.
Since then I've realised that they were all very good at talking, but not much cop at actually coaching.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Steve56 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm I attended a forum a few months ago, as did many others, in which the full coaching staff sat on the podium answering questions and giving their insights into the future of the club. At the time I came away impressed with what I'd heard that night. They all seemed to know what they were talking about.
Since then I've realised that they were all very good at talking, but not much cop at actually coaching.

The above seems about right.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
Zero point because as you know darn well its a closed shop....Ex Tigers only !
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The problem is there has been a problem for all to see since 2012-13 season, if you had eyes to see the experience disappearing and also noticed MOC's disuse of the Development players. For me, the writing was on the wall when our coaching team went down to 4, and from then on simply got compounded by the appointment of the hapless Mauger/Hansen when what we needed was two world-class operators.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:32 pm Plenty of experts with relevant experience on here, get yourselves down there and get on with it.

No?
So your argument is if you're not a world class coach or director you're not allowed to have an opinion? Welford Road must be silent as the grave then.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:51 pm

No?
So your argument is if you're not a world class coach or director you're not allowed to have an opinion? Welford Road must be silent as the grave then.
Almost exactly the opposite. There is no 'argument' it was an observation based on the constant 'this is what's wrong and how to fix it' rhetoric this season.
I guess the entitled to an opinion card was going to get played sometime..... of course people are allowed an opinion, please show me where I implied otherwise, but if that opinion consists of saying how easy it would be to provide a solution to what has been an abysmal season full of below expectation performances, then why not offer your wealth of knowledge and experience by helping the club out, rather than slating anything and everything they do, whether good bad or indifferent.
That's a generic 'you' before you take further offence through misinterpretation.
I don't think all is rosy, worst season I can recall and yes, I know what I'd like to see in future but that doesn't mean i'm off to oval park to sort things out.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Steve56 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm I attended a forum a few months ago, as did many others, in which the full coaching staff sat on the podium answering questions and giving their insights into the future of the club. At the time I came away impressed with what I'd heard that night. They all seemed to know what they were talking about.
They had all probably been given before hand the official "script", stick to it or you'r out! Who in there right mind would, in front of an open forum, slag off their bosses or their companies policies etc?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

No?
I'll help if anyone from the club wants to PM me.
Conditions would be a complete clear out and the power to bring in my own DoR and Head Coach.
Anyone got the numbers for Richards and Cockerill's agents!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I have been to a large number of these forums but no more its now bevome nothing more than smoke and mirrors with a huge amount of spin. That said when Cockers used to grace us with his presence at said forums, he called a spade a spade.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm
I have been to a large number of these forums but no more its now bevome nothing more than smoke and mirrors with a huge amount of spin. That said when Cockers used to grace us with his presence at said forums, he called a spade a spade.
I think that's why 'senior players' wanted shot of Cockers. His 'no superstars' approach didn't suit some.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BFG wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:24 pm

No?
I'll help if anyone from the club wants to PM me.
Conditions would be a complete clear out and the power to bring in my own DoR and Head Coach.
Anyone got the numbers for Richards and Cockerill's agents!
We may not always be of similar mind but at least you're willing to say you'd take it on.