In A Slightly Different Universe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

In A Slightly Different Universe

Post by kpj tiger »

The Tigers don't concede last minute try's to Bath and Worcester x2 and finish the league on 54 points, just 2 of top 4
1989Tiger

Re: In A Slightly Different Universe

Post by 1989Tiger »

That is how close all the teams are to each other apart from Saracens, Exeter and to a degree, Gloucester.

We may have finished 11th but we weren’t that far off the top half.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If if and ands were pots and pans....oh wait a minute they are not
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

We should probably stay away from the what ifs given we could have been relegated if the clear try had been awarded v Wasps and Guy hadn't made the steal of his life v Newcastle.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

1989Tiger wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:21 pm That is how close all the teams are to each other apart from Saracens, Exeter and to a degree, Gloucester.

Of the sides I have seen we were probably the weakest. Newcastle were probably better than us and Worcester.

Other than yesterday all of our defeats have been of our own making. Pathetic tackling. Slow to get up after. Kicked too much ball away and bar the front row our pack lacked speed and power. Stamina was questionable with many games being lost late on. Perhaps reducing the overly long warm ups (compared to our opposition) might have helped.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

mol2 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 am
1989Tiger wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:21 pm That is how close all the teams are to each other apart from Saracens, Exeter and to a degree, Gloucester.

Of the sides I have seen we were probably the weakest. Newcastle were probably better than us and Worcester.

Other than yesterday all of our defeats have been of our own making. Pathetic tackling. Slow to get up after. Kicked too much ball away and bar the front row our pack lacked speed and power. Stamina was questionable with many games being lost late on. Perhaps reducing the overly long warm ups (compared to our opposition) might have helped.
Technically, Newcastle were, which is why they finished 12th but there’s not a huge difference in teams from 4th to 12th.

The long warm ups worked when we were successful by the way.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I didn't make this post to make excuses for the team, I'm in full agreement that they've been nowhere near good enough this season. The post was to illustrate how fine margins can mean the difference between an OK season and a disaster as far as the table is concerned
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

'...if pigs could fly ,I'd fly a pig,
To foreign countries small and big...'

Fine margins do make a difference.
However so do 600+ points conceded and 5 home wins in the league.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Our defending has been atrocious all season, but hopefully the incoming players will resolve that weakness.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

In a different universe, if my uncle had a different appendage he would be my auntie...we have been easily the second worse team in the league this season. Points conceded, missed tackles, setting records for most loses in a row at home, the list is long and fairly embarrassing. However, this season is done, and hopefully next season, the fine margins mentioned in the posters summery fall our side.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

“Technically, Newcastle were, which is why they finished 12th but there’s not a huge difference in teams from 4th to 12th.“

I make that 8 places. Win the league or miss out on the Champions Cup - that’s only 6 or 7 places!

Not a huge difference?

Doh!
Valhalla I am coming!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

40,33,35,44*,15,15,36,27,41*,24,23,16,33,17,14,32*,29,52*,22,23,23,32

These are the points conceded in the Premiership games. The ones with an asterisk are games where Tigers got red cards.....defence was terrible at the beginning of the season but the defence has improved as the season went on.
Points difference is very negative because not enough points were scored and this has imo been down to a lightweight pack who have not been able to deliver quick ball for the packs.
Work still to be done!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Hey citizensmith, I at that end of the ground, not very far from the last move by Wasps and you certainly couldn’t see any grounding of the ball. Well done Tigers youngsters, great defence and guts after the lineout that should have been the last play for us went wrong.
Wasps had no complaints as they should have done what Bath did yesterday with their final try: clear grounding. End of.