Tigers vs Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

1989Tiger

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by 1989Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 pm Blaming the ref again when we lose, utterly ridiculous.
I dont like to blame the ref when we lose but today some of his decisions were very dodgy and cost Tigers points that would probably have won the game.
A good game of rugby and one which many thought Bath would win by a big margin, not the case!
Strange isn’t it? Those who are having a dig at people for criticising the referee are the exact same people who criticise Tigers players, coaches and the Board of Directors for poor performances this season.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

1989Tiger wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:17 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 pm Blaming the ref again when we lose, utterly ridiculous.
No it isn’t. The ref was absolutely useless today.

I would say this whatever the result.

If anyone thinks otherwise they are deluded and have no idea!
Agreed CMK really had no idea neither did his touch judge / assistants.. CMK should get a job at Curry's as he spends more time looking at the television screen. Several of today's 6 TMO referrals were prompted by the crowd but not the Bath fwd passes.
Well Tigers won & had 5 TMO decisions - (3 positive & 2 negative) whereas Bath had 1 positive TMO
CMK really should go back to school and read the laws as Sam A-R's knock on was never a yellow card and a penalty at the most ~ if ever..
Very pleased the way Clayton Bojangles played, Worth was sound, Tom was an Exocet in tackling and Smithy well he did what he always does a great player. :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Just back from the game and without the benefit of replays at least I can say that it was a hard fought loss. Yes we lost and yes finishing 11th is a bit tragic but we shouldn't let that take away from the effort the lads put in this aftenoon. Also if I never see Keyes in a refs uniform ever again it'll be too soon.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

C.M.K :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
TMO : :smt013
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

So it was the refs fault and not the 35 missed tackles?
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:39 pm Like or not our injury list has been awful : George Ford played 15 games out of the 22 and only the much maligned Kalamafoni played more games despite being banned for 3. How any coach can get players to gel when each week there has been a different set of backs. Toby Booth recently told BT he could understand Tigers’ problems as all season “ they have had so many players out it impacts upon training as you have to make sure you have a team out for matches.
Thought Eastmond had his best game for ages today as did most of the team.
Time to move on. Will be there next season, as I have for nearly 50 years,and to those who aren’t, well where’s your commitment?
Good luck next season Geordan.
Well, looks like everything is fine then,stay injury free and we are away .
I have a bridge in London for sale , anyone interested ?
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

A lot of things have to come together for any side to win and far too many tackles missed is just one, but it is one where we can do something about. What really rankles me is the things we can't do anything about. The important decisions the ref makes is always No 1 and closely followed by the rest of the officials. I have only one eye (genuine) working at the moment and it was difficult for me to see the screen clearly re foot in touch but it certainly looked in the air and I credit Freddie with the intelligence to take the quick drop conversion so the ref's attention can't be brought by Shawn Davy who must have been asleep at that time. Those 2 decisions went against us and in the end cost us dearly. I thought all 15/23 worked extremely hard and with the additions already announced and with more to come I hope, I can see a much better season to come. I also hope that a new DOR is announced very quickly to support GM .
Hehehehehehehehe
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

drc_007 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:00 am So it was the refs fault and not the 35 missed tackles?
The ref certainly made it harder for us. There was a forward pass for their first try which should have been noticed. He was awful.

Even if we’d have won, I’d still say the same and would still criticise the ref just like you have criticised the team.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:24 pm Murphy has got to go NOW, HE HAS BEEN A TOTAL DISASTER AS A COACH😡
Stop SHOUTING, please. Or better still, maybe follow a different sport if you can’t control your tantrums...
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Put it this way.

Had we been up against Newcastle for survival yesterday we would be relegated right now and it doesn't take Einstein to figure out what the fans would be saying. One forward pass, one triple movement, one unseen ball all tries given to Bath. One unseen foot in touch from Clayton from a great back line move and it gets ruled out.

The laws around the conversion needs to change. Either allow a try to be rescinded before the restart or make it a compulsory 30 second clock stop to allow referee and TMO to check. Either would have certainly avoided the forward pass being kicked so quickly at least...

Unlike the last time the refs got a howler at home the team fronted up yesterday, didn't let the heads drop and delivered a great performance albeit a loss. I didn't leave the game disappointed - they tried, they had pride and they had some of the less well known on the pitch.

Two issues concern me for next year - one, strength and conditioning needs to change to help the players avoid so many injuries. Two the team needs to relax - it needs to have the great internal camaraderie to make progress. If any of you get the chance listen to the House of Rugby podcast - Haskell and Tinds with a great conversation about how much of this on the pitch game is about the off the pitch structure and direction.
Last edited by speedski on Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I am not blaming Sirs, they have an hard job. I am blaming the the system whereby we expect very high standards from our squads ( which ever team you support) and match day decisions by some Sirs is woeful. The use of TMO was brought in to assist good decision making. In my opinion this fails.
I'm not saying that League code get it right every time but they clearly ask the right questions. TMO talk their thought processes through.
Bear in mind One Sir - two line officials and one TMO. Four persons to get a decision right or wrong :smt013
Why ask the question if going to over rule their decision.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

speedski wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:17 am Put it this way.
Had we been up against Newcastle for survival yesterday we would be relegated right now and it doesn't take Einstein to figure out what the fans would be saying. One forward pass, one triple movement, one unseen ball all tries given to Bath. One unseen foot in touch from Clayton from a great back line move and it gets ruled out.
You don't get relegated based on the result of a single match, it is a result of continued poor performance over a whole season.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

drc_007 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:24 am
speedski wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:17 am Put it this way.
You don't get relegated based on the result of a single match, it is a result of continued poor performance over a whole season.
Of course - but this is not about the whole season. The thread is about Tigers Vs Bath.

Hence my comment was limited to the context of this one game. Had yesterday's one game been about relegation that performance from CMK could have cost the club dear. Fortunately for us, that game yesterday was a dead rubber in terms of result consequence.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Well done Tigers for opening the gates after the team circuit and letting the fans and teams meet for photos and autographs and a good few great discussions.
However Craig Maxwell-Keys was not on the pitch for the post match event but he was caught in the Crumbie tunnel and was asked about the 6 TMO referrals - he was very nervous but admitted "that once I thought I was indecisive! but now I really do not know!" I really hope Spreadbury looks at the full match video and decides (Without TMO) that CMK is not Premiership material.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:48 am Well done Tigers for opening the gates after the team circuit and letting the fans and teams meet for photos and autographs and a good few great discussions.
However Craig Maxwell-Keys was not on the pitch for the post match event but he was caught in the Crumbie tunnel and was asked about the 6 TMO referrals - he was very nervous but admitted "that once I thought I was indecisive! but now I really do not know!" I really hope Spreadbury looks at the full match video and decides (Without TMO) that CMK is not Premiership material.
Spreadbury! Now there's a sir! " 'Ands out Martin!"
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"