Proud of you v Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Proud of you v Bath

Post by Ian Cant »

I honestly didn’t feel we lost the game and every single player gave their all today. Felt we deserved to win but when do we beat Bath in games that have contentious decisions. Well done Freddie who took the conversion so quickly for their second try that Keys then couldn’t go to TMO. From where we sat it looked quite a way forward but I and everyone around me maybe proved wrong.Looking at Baths’ line up I thought we would do well to keep in touch but I honestly think the TMO was awful today and Keys just cannot make a decision even after several replays on the screen. Fair play to Bath as they kept their heads up and won at the death.
Proud of a very good performance today where everyone had very good games.
All the best to all leaving players.
Would really like Clayton B to stay. Missed one high ball but that lad has a great attitude.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Proud of you v Bath

Post by Scuttle »

I have commented on the other Bath thread. I agree with you and also it would be good to keep hold of Bloomtjeis Looking forward Tigers next season.
As Good As It Gets
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well done Scuttle as I chickened out of trying to spell Clayton’s surname!
Thanks for also recognising a very good performance by the whole squad today: and as I was at Newcastle and Quins, unlike others on here saw how hard we fought to avoid relegation. This is now a tough league with no divine right to win.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Agree it is competitive. A good thing surely. We were also at Newcastle...about 20 yards behind the posts and the final play that won us the game. Very satisfying and we came away very happy that they had all put in the effort..as with today.
As Good As It Gets
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Scuttle wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 pm I have commented on the other Bath thread. I agree with you and also it would be good to keep hold of Bloomtjeis Looking forward Tigers next season.
After the game when supporters were allowed on the pitch with the remaining players the person next to me congratulated Clayton on his performance as a player with Tiger Spirit and he said he has loved his time here and has another year at Scarlett's but would love to come back here if ever an offer was made.
Clayton & Telusa + May & Manu etc..... :smt001
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I also wish Blommetjies would stick around for next season, shame he's off as his attitude has been great - chasing our kicks / kickoffs....who would've thought that might be a tactic worth trying.....I'd love to see him come back after his next year at Scarlets.

Seemed like the 'injustice' of Bath's second 'try' finally ignited a fire in our bellies that has been absent for 99% of the season.

Great attitude, players made yards, players made tackles (in the most part) but we still had the tendency to go from sublime to ridiculous with a click of the fingers - excellent turnovers won then ball chucked away, sometimes literally.

Sadly we invited too much pressure onto ourselves, gave away too much ball and the it told in the end. However, I was expecting a drubbing today, sad to say, and had thought if we kept it within 20 points we'd have done well so fair play to the lads for a great effort, in perspective.

Disappointing, that we couldn't get over the finish line.
Infuriating that we showed glimpses of what could have been.
Encouraging, that we showed glimpses of what could be.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I too had a word with Clayton, as I was walking up Welford Road to go to my car, he was walking with his wife? and young child, it looked like he was showing them around.
I asked him if he would like to stay and he assured me he would. I asked if he had to go back to Scarlets, I didnt fully understand his reply as to his contract there but he said he would jump at the chance to stay here if Tigers could find the money! His wife seemed to be in full agreement, seemed like a charming little family.
I thought M-Keys was diabolical, he cannot make a decision even when he has seen repeated replies on the screen. He shows signs of being very nervous, constantly licking his lips, I'm sure this is a sign of someone very uncertain as to what they are doing.
I agree, everyone put in a good shift, however I was very concerned by the timing of some of our substitutions, especially Tom Youngs, he had a 100% lineout record, why bring on PN who immediately lost his first throw? I'm sure after weeks off, Tom could have gone 80+ mins in the last game of the season, plenty of time for rest! Yes I know it was the last match, nothing at stake for us, but it would have been nice for Matt and the fans, as at that point we looked good, and to have held on and finished with a win! Anyway, thanks Tigers for an entertaining game, lets hope we can improve next season. :smt039 :smt038
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

+1 to all of this, I even got told off for standing up too much which hasn't happened in a while, felt like a genuine team effort to be proud of.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Glad to hear all this! (Apart from the bit about Sir of course!)
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Blometjies is a fine player, and I wish we had him for next season.

Oh well, bed time. :smt015 :smt015
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Talking with my Scarlets brother-in-law, "Bluecheese" arrived there with lots of promise, but was rather erratic and even during the AIs and 6N struggled to hold down a place. We would be welcome to him. And with a name like Bluecheese, he's got to come to the home of Stilton :smt002
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I thought it was a very entertaining game in danger of being ruined by the officials indecision. All our guys put a lot into that performance and I felt I was actually watching a Tigers team. Yes there were mistakes, but there was heart in it.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 pm I have commented on the other Bath thread. I agree with you and also it would be good to keep hold of Bloomtjeis Looking forward Tigers next season.
After the game when supporters were allowed on the pitch with the remaining players the person next to me congratulated Clayton on his performance as a player with Tiger Spirit and he said he has loved his time here and has another year at Scarlett's but would love to come back here if ever an offer was made.
Clayton & Telusa + May & Manu etc..... :smt001
I hope we can do a deal to bring Clayton back, as he has shown us how well he can play, and slot in. :smt023