Tigers vs Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3443
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Tigers vs Bath

Post by JP14 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 am

I think with the shackles off we will perform really well akin to that of last year vs Sale but Bath are hungry for Europe so it’s not given...

1 Genge
2 Kerr
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Wells
6 Williams
7 Thompson
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 Ford
11 May
12 Hardwick (not sure about Eastmond?)
13 Smith (c)
14 Veainu
15 Blommitijies
16 Youngs
17 Gigena
18 Heyes
19 Fitzgerald
20 O’Connor
21 White
22 Worth
23 Apsland-Robinson
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3499
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by strawclearer » Tue May 14, 2019 8:34 am

Given the context of the game and the need to provide encouragement to younger players and a 'thank you' to fans, I'm really not sure about selection this week - so I'm just going with the 'definites'.....

13 Smith (c)

That is all.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Scuttle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by Scuttle » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am

strawclearer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:34 am
Given the context of the game and the need to provide encouragement to younger players and a 'thank you' to fans, I'm really not sure about selection this week - so I'm just going with the 'definites'.....

13 Smith (c)

That is all.
That's a small team; I think even Smithy would struggle on his own :smt003
As Good As It Gets

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4824
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by WhitecapTiger » Tue May 14, 2019 9:16 am

Scuttle wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am
strawclearer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:34 am
Given the context of the game and the need to provide encouragement to younger players and a 'thank you' to fans, I'm really not sure about selection this week - so I'm just going with the 'definites'.....

13 Smith (c)

That is all.
That's a small team; I think even Smithy would struggle on his own :smt003
He wouldn't have anyone to pass to..... :smt002 :smt002

(Meant in an affectionate way before high horses are mounted)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by CitizenSmiff » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 am

Fingers crossed we can pull something out of the bag for Smithy's last game. To be honest I wasn't planning on going until he announced his retirement, hopefully it'll give the boys something to play for.

ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2970
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by ourla » Tue May 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Has there ever been a match that has been more meaningless and played under more of a cloud than this one.
You're either in or you're out

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm
Location: Gosport

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by Smudge » Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm

How could Tigers v Bath not be meaningful? We played for the best part of a century with nothing more at stake than pride.

Hopefully, both teams will play an open and expansive game to the enjoyment of all.
Last edited by Smudge on Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A life long Tiger

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2325
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by LE18 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Smudge wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm
How could Tigers v Bath not be meaningful? We played for the best part of a century with nothing more at steak than pride.

Hopefully, both teams will play an open and expansive game to the enjoyment of all.
I hope that steak was not eaten before the match, or they certainly would not have had a stake in the game, bellies too full! :smt052

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by Dangerous4 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm

There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3499
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by strawclearer » Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Dangerous4 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm
There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

mol2
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3029
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Cosby

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by mol2 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Let's hope that now the pressure is off we can see a team rather than individuals and the departing players can go in style and those that are staying set a tempo for next season.

ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2970
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by ourla » Tue May 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Dangerous4 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm
There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.
You are kidding yourself. This game is meaningless.
You're either in or you're out

Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by Coleshillad » Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 pm

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 am
Fingers crossed we can pull something out of the bag for Smithy's last game. To be honest I wasn't planning on going until he announced his retirement, hopefully it'll give the boys something to play for.
I'm sorry if I appear negative, but the threat of relegation didn't appear to motivate most of them sufficiently to get their backsides into gear, so I'll be unlikely to be holding my breath. That doesn't apply to all the players, because some continued to try. We all know who they are and there wasn't many of them. Hopefully normal service can be resumed after a summer shake up.

1989Tiger
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by 1989Tiger » Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm

Dangerous4 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm
There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.
There is never a meaningless game.

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Tigers vs Bath

Post by CitizenSmiff » Tue May 14, 2019 8:11 pm

1989Tiger wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Dangerous4 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 pm
There is never a meaningless game when we play Bath.
There is never a meaningless game.
That's a lovely sentiment but I think playing for 10th place as underdogs in our own stadium might test it somewhat.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cardiff Tig, Google [Bot] and 2 guests