Smithy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Smithy

Post by CitizenSmiff »

A massive thank you to one of the best true Tigers ever to walk through our doors! Hopefully he'll prosper in his new role and maybe one day we'll see a third generation of that great family come through the academy.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

A True Tiger.

I hope we get more players with his guts, determination and never-give-up attitude - proper “on the pitch” leadership attributes.
Valhalla I am coming!
Flash

Post by Flash »

A true tiger and is what every team needs. Hopefully he can instil some of that in the youngsters too.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

We haven't seen a lot of him in recent times but a more reliable player would be hard to find.

I'm sure he will go on to have a great future in coaching. Well done that man. :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I hope he will be captain vs Bath, a true Tiger, his obvious passion when playing the sinners & his dislike of Callum Clarke speak volumes for the man.
We await the appearance of "Dossers Grandlads"
To win is not as important as playing with style!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 am I hope he will be captain vs Bath, a true Tiger, his obvious passion when playing the sinners & his dislike of Callum Clarke speak volumes for the man.
+1 :smt038 :smt038

You know - we buy players in but you cannot buy attitude and commitment. And this one had it in buckets. :smt038 :smt038
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

wellstiger wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 am I hope he will be captain vs Bath, a true Tiger, his obvious passion when playing the sinners & his dislike of Callum Clarke speak volumes for the man.
+1 :smt038 :smt038

You know - we buy players in but you cannot buy attitude and commitment. And this one had it in buckets. :smt038 :smt038
Matt Smith a genuine hero! Can we clone some of his DNA and give each of the players a shot? Committed, always gave 110% never took a backward step, hope the young academy lads look to him as a role model in terms of what it means to be a Tigers player and be a pro.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Can't fault the guy. What a great example he is to our youngsters. Thanks a million Smithy. :smt038
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Club first. 23 with his attitude would be great.
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:15 pm Club first. 23 with his attitude would be great.
Forwards with the Julian White spirit, backs with Smithy's. Title contenders!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm
chewbacca wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:15 pm Club first. 23 with his attitude would be great.
Forwards with the Julian White spirit, backs with Smithy's. Title contenders!
8 forwards with Julian White's DNA? <{Shudder}> You could add a soupçon of Johnno, a pinch of mad dog, a sprinkle of Deano, an ounce of Back and a portion of classic ABC.

I feel a darn site more upset about Smith's retirement than I do about the departure of our antipodean star.

Attitude being the reason.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:51 pm
jgriffin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm

I feel a darn site more upset about Smith's retirement than I do about the departure of our antipodean star.

Attitude being the reason.
Me too, and for sure, everyone who has supported Tigers through thick and thin over the years. Think I’ll need a swift Armagnac to control my emotions!
Semper in excretia
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Coupled with falling off the back of the roof of a small bike shelter I was building (only a couple of feet into a bush), the Toomua situation has led me to drink GIN, I HATE gin, but the Mrs was quaffing. :smt030
We are coming on Saturday purely to say thanks to Smithy, the bloke is a throwback to real rugby. :smt038
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

jgriffin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:28 pm Coupled with falling off the back of the roof of a small bike shelter I was building (only a couple of feet into a bush), the Toomua situation has led me to drink GIN, I HATE gin, but the Mrs was quaffing. :smt030
We are coming on Saturday purely to say thanks to Smithy, the bloke is a throwback to real rugby. :smt038
Well said - Matt Smith - the real thing!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

jgriffin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:28 pm the bloke is a throwback to real rugby. :smt038
What does that even mean...?