Away support

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JGT57

Away support

Post by JGT57 »

There is no criticism, implied or otherwise, in this link - merely for information regarding arrangements for official away support.

Heineken Champions Cup Final: OLSC Away Guide to Newcastle
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/heineken-c ... newcastle/

Regards
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Away support

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Well I suppose it's interesting to see how the other half lives. Myself I suspect a list of the best pubs and kebab shops would have been more useful.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Fantastic support by club and sponsors.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

One thing's for sure - there'll be at least twenty times more Leinster supporters in Newcastle than Saracens', with or without tickets!!
It augurs well for a great weekend as there'll be loads of French supporters there too - again probably more than Sarries'.
It's criminal that such a successful team has such a paltry number of supporters.
Wasn't it Sarries who a few years ago laid on buses and match tickets to get as many supporters as possible to a game at Tigers? I seem to remember the expression "rent a mob" being used?
Semper in excretia
glenn

Post by glenn »

Probably more tigers fans than saffas too! We are going for the weekend and can't wait..... Hopefully the rain stops for us all!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

glenn wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:27 am Probably more tigers fans than saffas too! We are going for the weekend and can't wait..... Hopefully the rain stops for us all!
:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt038
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I've just read that the finals of the Champions' Cup and Challenge cup will be held at Tottenham's new 62,000 capacity stadium in 2021!
Maybe Tigers will have got their act together by then - nah, wishful thinking!
Semper in excretia
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Fantastic job by Leinster. That is how a top team promotes itself to its supporters, occasional visitors, the press and the public in general.

It all shows up quite how far Tigers have fallen, and how far from being a top team. It is not only performances on the field that define clubs, but also their branding, promotional material, digital design and presence, branding and marketing, ares in which Tigers lack of leadership and impact are self evident.

(Financial stability, sustainability and work in the community have to be a given too.)
Valhalla I am coming!