Anyone else uneasy?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

1989Tiger

Anyone else uneasy?

Post by 1989Tiger »

Is anyone else uneasy about the "Fan of the season" award that Tigers fans can vote for?

We are all fans of the club, yet one can be singled out as the "number one" fan effectively.

We all support the club in various ways and all play our part. I don't think we need an award to single one person as a "better" fan.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Anyone else uneasy?

Post by sapajo »

Just part of the Tigersfamily spin and balderdash. If it makes a fellow supporter feel good then I have no problem with that, but and it's a big but, it does not and cannot in any way make that person a better supporter than any of us.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Nominations are also open for the #TigersFamily Award which recognises supporters who have made a significant contribution or overcome significant obstacles to show their commitment to the club or celebrate its links in the community. If you would like to nominate anyone for the award, please email [email protected] with up to 200 words on why you think they should be considered.
It's worded a bit strangely for sure but hopefully it just means somebody who's raised a lot of money for the Matt Hampson Foundation or similar. After being told off by the official Tigers Twitter account a few times for being negative I'm probably out of the running.
Last edited by CitizenSmiff on Thu May 02, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

sapajo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 pm Just part of the Tigersfamily spin and balderdash. If it makes a fellow supporter feel good then I have no problem with that, but and it's a big but, it does not and cannot in any way make that person a better supporter than any of us.
Seems a strange move to make to please 1 supporter but a move which could alienate and annoy thousands of others.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

1989Tiger wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 pm
sapajo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 pm Just part of the Tigersfamily spin and balderdash. If it makes a fellow supporter feel good then I have no problem with that, but and it's a big but, it does not and cannot in any way make that person a better supporter than any of us.
Seems a strange move to make to please 1 supporter but a move which could alienate and annoy thousands of others.

It's a pathetic attempt to glue together the fan base and convince them the club cares. We all know that it doesn't, and hasn't for several years now.Business first!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cannot see any problem with this award. It recognises a fan that has made a great contribution to rugby be it raising funds for Matt Hampson or other causes. It does not imply that they are any better fan than the rest and just recognising their contribution.
This has been happening for years.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 pm Cannot see any problem with this award. It recognises a fan that has made a great contribution to rugby be it raising funds for Matt Hampson or other causes. It does not imply that they are any better fan than the rest and just recognising their contribution.
Nominations are also open for the #TigersFamily Award which recognises supporters who have made a significant contribution or overcome significant obstacles to show their commitment to the club or celebrate its links in the community.

"Overcome significant obstacles to show their commitment to the club" and "made a significant contribution" mean what exactly though?

Don't we all show commitment to the club?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Honestly don't really care too much about it. Out of all the things in the club this is very very low in making me a bit uneasy.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

It doesn't worry me. Good luck to them whoever they are
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm uneasy about the possibility of relegation still hanging over us but not this
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

1989Tiger wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 pm Cannot see any problem with this award. It recognises a fan that has made a great contribution to rugby be it raising funds for Matt Hampson or other causes. It does not imply that they are any better fan than the rest and just recognising their contribution.
Nominations are also open for the #TigersFamily Award which recognises supporters who have made a significant contribution or overcome significant obstacles to show their commitment to the club or celebrate its links in the community.

"Overcome significant obstacles to show their commitment to the club" and "made a significant contribution" mean what exactly though?

Don't we all show commitment to the club?
Those contributions will be around things like caring for elderly family members who could otherwise not make games, organising the away supporters club and transport, being a community pillar for supporters groups - whatever really.

I think you'd have to go some mileage from reality to take issue with the prospect of a fan who is in trying circumstance or who really puts in effort and time above and beyond the usual to enhance the experience for others or support the club being recognised. It isn't as if they're declaring them as better than anyone else - just recognising their achievement or effort.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm I'm uneasy about the possibility of relegation still hanging over us but not this
All be will be ok after tonight.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

1989Tiger wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:40 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm I'm uneasy about the possibility of relegation still hanging over us but not this
Why have I missed something ? :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

O ye of faith :smt002
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:13 pm
O ye of faith :smt002
Or maybe tomorrow night.....
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives