Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Quins vs Tigers

Post by Dangerous4 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:19 pm Is there a link to that interview? Les is a very wise man, and am sure he didn't mince his words.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrs ... /downloads
[/quote

Many thanks.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

A second round of sickness for Blommetijies, seems unusual...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Blimey, Quins were really unlucky not to beat Exeter last week and now they bring back the likes of Care, Marchant and Horwill.
They really bettered Exeter's forwards, especially in the scrum, where they won many penalties and had one Exe prop yellow carded - a rare experience at Sandy Park. I think Exeter won their first scrum pen of the game in the 79th minute, after both Marler and Sinckler had gone off. If they play anything like that, and Tigers repeat their usual recent efforts, then I can't forsee anything other than another thumping.
I do hope I am wrong, but it is very much in hope, rather than expectation.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Our season probably comes down to what sort of team Glaws put out against Falcons, with third already pretty much nailed on (10 points up on Saints who travel to Chiefs on the last day).
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 pm Our season probably comes down to what sort of team Glaws put out against Falcons, with third already pretty much nailed on (10 points up on Saints who travel to Chiefs on the last day).
Our season comes down to how we perform and what results we get. Gloucester and Newcastle are irrelevant.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

In an ideal world yes but in reality it's more likely that Glaws will beat Falcons than that we will beat Quins or Bath.
CharlieTiger

Post by CharlieTiger »

Blommetijies aside probably best available XV?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m fed up of losing, it’s a habit now, expected as well which is never good. The only positive is that we are one game closer to the end of a diabolical season. Winning tonight would only paper over the cracks but it won’t happen. Interesting what Ben Youngs said about Worcester v Gloucester, that Wuss wanted it more because they needed a win. Shame we couldn’t put it together against Bristol. Now Falcons need a win, can they raise their game ?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Taken from Gloucester website:

“We know that Newcastle are coming down with the attitude that they have to get five points, they will be driven by the need to give themselves a chance. It’s tough for them because, if Leicester win on Friday night, then it’s all done, they can’t do any more.

“But we owe it to ourselves to play the rugby that we’ve played for the majority of the season and especially the fact that we’re at home in front of our own supporters.

“We’ve still got two games left to play and, regardless of who is on the pitch, we have an organisation to represent. My expectation is that the players and the team will play to their utmost best because it’s our last home game.”
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I dont care about anyone else anymore tbh,it's in our hands and I'm sick of looking for favours!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:12 pm Taken from Gloucester website:

“We know that Newcastle are coming down with the attitude that they have to get five points, they will be driven by the need to give themselves a chance. It’s tough for them because, if Leicester win on Friday night, then it’s all done, they can’t do any more.

“But we owe it to ourselves to play the rugby that we’ve played for the majority of the season and especially the fact that we’re at home in front of our own supporters.

“We’ve still got two games left to play and, regardless of who is on the pitch, we have an organisation to represent. My expectation is that the players and the team will play to their utmost best because it’s our last home game.”
They’ve put out a good team so imagine they’ll do the job for us! Can’t see us doing it sadly this weekend.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Feel a bit better now seeing that Gloc team!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hammersley and Goneva out for Newcastle,Wilson out too!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 pm Our season probably comes down to what sort of team Glaws put out against Falcons, with third already pretty much nailed on (10 points up on Saints who travel to Chiefs on the last day).
The Referee for the Glous. game is Tom Foley who we have had mixed results with (at least it is not Luke Pearce and I pray we do not have him on the whistle Tigers v Bath! ~ remember Newcastle!)
However we have Barnes on the whistle and JP Doyle and CMK tonight at Quins. We must get points tonight even though "Bojangles" is not in the team listed. :smt041
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wallace confirmed as leaving Quins end of season