Re: Pat Howard

Post by RagingBull »

Maybe becuase they have DOR’s?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:07 pm Maybe becuase they have DOR’s?
Ahhhh there's one of those fact thingies getting in the way again.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 am Where I stand for the matches, I am always hearing comments targetted at the ref for decisions made / not made. Refs are human and make mistakes but the majority of the time the decisions made are the correct ones. Some teams do get the rub of the green with refs and this can be interpretted as bias but certainly not to the level of cheating.
1. Reffing standards are low at pro level because grass roots reffing is abysmal.
2. Grassroots reffing is poor because there's a huge ref shortage.
3. There's a huge ref shortage because all referees get is grief. Why would any kid want to do it?

Complaining about refs just perpetuates the same old cycle, sadly. Reffing really can be a thankless task.

A few years ago someone suggested that all senior players at Premiership clubs should have to take a reffing qualification in order to be registered for that club. Personally I'd have been all for that as it would hopefully lead to a bit more sympathy from the pros, less whining about refs both during the game and after, which might filter back down through the system.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Well, I for one would not wish to be a referee. Not for a lorry load of monkeys. :hammer: :smt022
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's the same in every sport.
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 pm Quite frankly, Tom and his Board are a total flipping---------not allowed to mention the correct wording------- joke.
Way way out of their depth once the wheels started to come off.
Any decent CEO of any Company would have acted on this years ago, but the Beancounters got above their station, and were allowed to be given free rein...
A 25,000 crowd capacity, at the expense of decent quality recruitment.... Lucky now to get 15,000 watching this dross.
Lousy Coaches and half the squad useless and not interested----------in fact in many ways it parallels Manchester United

Please BOARD, just bog off .....
There's no way that this Board is going to "Bog Off"; after all, Peter Tom claimed that he was re-elected as Chairman with "over 99%" of the vote at November's AGM. The only way they're going to go is if we get relegated - even the Board and the appalling PR Department would be able to claim that the 18/19 season was a success if that happened.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

A BOG Of with this board - 2 for the price of one!

One shambles is enough.

Is it the board's fault?
Only those with responsibility for overseeing coaching and playing affairs.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The board is at fault from top to bottom. I can't stand Sarries but some of the innovative stuff they've got themselves into should be done by a big club like ourselves,we are so far behind the curve it's untrue.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Saracens got lucky with Wray on the whole.

Could’ve gotten an owner like Craig.

That being said if I had to choose between Tigers at 11th or having so much debt that the future of the club is in doubts I know which one I would pick.

That being said we spend up to the cap anyway so shouldn’t be near clubs that are 2 million away from that.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

ourla wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 pm It's the same in every sport.
Sadly, you are correct sir.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I believe that at some point in the future we will have a "Sugar Daddy." It's just a question of when."
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I don't care, as long as he gets us wining again....