Pat Howard

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pat Howard

Post by fortysix »

Quite frankly, Tom and his Board are a total flipping---------not allowed to mention the correct wording------- joke.
Way way out of their depth once the wheels started to come off.
Any decent CEO of any Company would have acted on this years ago, but the Beancounters got above their station, and were allowed to be given free rein...
A 25,000 crowd capacity, at the expense of decent quality recruitment.... Lucky now to get 15,000 watching this dross.
Lousy Coaches and half the squad useless and not interested----------in fact in many ways it parallels Manchester United

Please BOARD, just bog off .....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Why is the capacity increase at the expensive of the recruitment?
We have always spent up to the cap.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 pm Quite frankly, Tom and his Board are a total flipping---------not allowed to mention the correct wording------- joke.
Any decent CEO of any Company would have acted on this years ago, but the Beancounters got above their station, and were allowed to be given free rein...
A 25,000 crowd capacity, at the expense of decent quality recruitment.... Lucky now to get 15,000 watching this dross.
Lousy Coaches and half the squad useless and not interested----------in fact in many ways it parallels Manchester United

Please BOARD, just bog off .....
I’m sure they’d love you to do the same :smt039
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Have a feeling JP, that you would be in a very small minority backing this current shambolic Board and Coaches.
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

I'm not sure that JP was offering the Board his unequivocal support, but as so often on this forum, everything has to be black and white.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Freebird wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:58 pm I'm not sure that JP was offering the Board his unequivocal support, but as so often on this forum, everything has to be black and white.
Well JP has accused today's ref of actual bias (on the main match thread), that's pretty black and white!

Having a bad day, poor, :censored: etc all opinions and we are entitled to them, but bias? Do me a favour.
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:24 pm Have a feeling JP, that you would be in a very small minority backing this current shambolic Board and Coaches.
I am in no way backing the board, just fed up of 46’s dire lack of realism that’s all.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:18 pm
Freebird wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:58 pm I'm not sure that JP was offering the Board his unequivocal support, but as so often on this forum, everything has to be black and white.
Well JP has accused today's ref of actual bias (on the main match thread), that's pretty black and white!

Having a bad day, poor, :censored: etc all opinions and we are entitled to them, but bias? Do me a favour.
I’m sorry why is this such an issue for you that you have to extend to another thread? I’m not a professional player or a coach therefore I can make such a statement without serious repercussions.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All users are entitled to their opinions and should be respected, even if you disagree.

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:27 am All users are entitled to their opinions and should be respected, even if you disagree.

Thanks
:smt015 :smt015 :smt015

Only a week or so ago lots of Tigers players and officials received completely unacceptable abuse on various social media platforms. Quite rightly the perpetrators were widely condemned, by all reasonable people.

The kind of people that make these abusive and unkind comments, only do so because they feel anonymous behind their keyboards, and seem to think that the normal rules and etiquette of polite society don't apply. They would not dare voice their diatribe on a face to face basis, far too cowardly.

Now I'm not accusing JP14 of being like that, but to call a professional referee biased is tantamount to calling him a cheat, and in my view that is not acceptable. It's "the thin end of the wedge" in the context of social media abuse/comment.

So Tigerbeat whilst I agree with the sentiment of your comment, I do not respect posters calling referees cheats - sorry!!
Soggypitch
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Where I stand for the matches, I am always hearing comments targetted at the ref for decisions made / not made. Refs are human and make mistakes but the majority of the time the decisions made are the correct ones. Some teams do get the rub of the green with refs and this can be interpretted as bias but certainly not to the level of cheating.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 pm .................
cant see the lack of realism here.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Did a call the ref a cheat? No. Did I say he made a decision which affected that game? No. You’re simply venting your frustration of Tigers loss on me, that’s all.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 pm Last thing we need is another ex Tiger.
[/quote

Yes - true, too many have and are still failing! In this case however, Pat was not only a great player for the Tigers; he went on, as proven by his track record, to be a great Tigers coach in days of a bygone era - admitted. The Tigers could do a lot worse than get Pat to be the DoR and reset the club back to a structure that develops winning ways!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:47 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 pm Last thing we need is another ex Tiger.
[/quote

Yes - true, too many have and are still failing! In this case however, Pat was not only a great player for the Tigers; he went on, as proven by his track record, to be a great Tigers coach in days of a bygone era - admitted. The Tigers could do a lot worse than get Pat to be the DoR and reset the club back to a structure that develops winning ways!
On the contrary Tigers could do a lot better than Pat Howard if they chose to stop this must be an Ex Tigers clap trap. If Howard is so great then why were the likes of Saints, Bristol, Gloucester etc not claiming for his signature? Furthermore he has been out of rugby for years and has done diddly squat to merit his services.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity