Only 20 years

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Only 20 years

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

I’ve only had my season ticket 20 years, but I think I’ve been here long enough to ask the current players, were you happy with that today?

I wasn’t, where has the heart gone?

Where?

I’ve asked on Facebook but none of the players have answered, will they respond on here?

What’s the answer?? Some of you players have grown up with the club as I have, where do we go? I’m happy for you to PM me, can you be bothered? I hope so.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Only 20 years

Post by Scuttle »

I don't think there will be a single player, whether a leaver this season or not, who will be happy with today. I think they will be hurting more than any of us, which is why I don't think it helps them if supporters are overly critical; of course we can have a view but I think we are better offering constructive criticism. I take the view I am paying my season ticket to watch a game of rugby, not to guarantee a win; I would love us to win every game but this is sport and it does not always work out how we want it; nor do I think we have an entitlement to success, something a Falcons fan behind us was suggesting a couple of weeks ago. Lots of teams go through bad patches and we are now, but we have many good players and more coming in; I like to think I will continue to show the team support in the hope it gives them confidence to keep going for the better days to come.
As Good As It Gets
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Doesn't matter who comes in - if you have no game plan , identity and work ethic you will always under perform.
Put any of the new /past signings into a Sarries/ Exeter and Glouc squad - they will perform.
Every season ( at least 5 ) we get enthused about who's coming in to change the dynamic and bring success.

It has now become a cliche'.

Bad results have become systematic. Records broken for the wrong reasons. Supporters staying away and ever increasing empty seats. They are not fair weather supporters. They have had enough of NOT NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH. :smt013 :smt013

Roots and branch pruning................
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Pruning? I think we need a chainsaw for this job now.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

G.K wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:31 am Pruning? I think we need a chainsaw for this job now.

Sadly, you are quite right, methinks.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Players haven't a clue what they are supposed to be doing and that is primarily down to the inadequate coaching. No player plays to what they individually want to do, all aspects of the set piece, territory, attack and defence are what coaches install into their squad, its the game plan! So no matter who is culled, their replacements will be equally clueless. The hearts gone out of many players because they haven't a scooby doo whats going on!
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

wolverhampton_tiger wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:46 pm I’ve only had my season ticket 20 years, but I think I’ve been here long enough to ask the current players, were you happy with that today?

I wasn’t, where has the heart gone?

Where?

I’ve asked on Facebook but none of the players have answered, will they respond on here?

What’s the answer?? Some of you players have grown up with the club as I have, where do we go? I’m happy for you to PM me, can you be bothered? I hope so.
Yes, you can ask but don't expect an answer. Do you really think players would respond to you on here or Facebook?!