Tigers v Bristol - 27th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers v Bristol - 27th April 2019

Post by Brutus »

I like Murphy but this is a results based business, close-fought or not, the better team usually wins. We’ve got some class players, one of whom has been nominated as England player of the year. If the coaching staff can not conjure up a game plan to enable them to demonstrate the skills that built their reputations then really the coaching team is not fit for purpose. Some younger players have been brought through with mixed success, I like Kerr and Heyes but olowofela has gone backwards since he made his first team debut - if we had decent coaches surely this wouldn’t have happened.
I would hope that the coaching staff can start coming up with a way to get this talented squad playing together but if they can’t get something of the team in the last couple of game surely someone needs to go - the defence and skills coaches would surely be getting their P45’s...
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Genuinely think the only people who didnt want to be there more today than the Tigers players were the officials. God they were awful.

We weren't good enough. Again. Players dont look motivated. Our forwards were awful. Dont counter Ruck, cant maul, cant compete effectively at the line out..

Bakewell needs to go.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:01 pm Oh ( censored ) my old boots! Here we go again. More rubbish, and pitiful errors. Completely clueless and banal.

So we are now back on our knees, and Newcastle are given a massive incentive! One bonus point was the only good thing, but that could well be our last point for the season, judging by today's game.
Falcons look fairly clueless I can't see them getting nine points from the last two games. We should be ok. If Manu and TV can come back into the side before the end of the season that would be a significant boost and might help us grab some more points.

Then roll on the summer rebuild.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How many games have we won on paper but lost? That my friends is the difference between a good coaching team and a poor one!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:31 pm How many games have we won on paper but lost? That my friends is the difference between a good coaching team and a poor one!
Totally agree, we are not the sum of our parts. I think we need a wholesale clear out on the coaching front. For whatever, reason, we have gone backwards as a side through the season. Only coach worth keeping is Boris - our scrummage is still sound ...

Worst season in my memory (and I remember the cup win of 40 years ago). Worst set of performances. Apparently we haven’t managed to win two games in a row since early October ... just plain awful.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

And I should add that Bristol have never done the double on us ... great time to be a Tigers fine in Bristol ...joy
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Why on earth did we allow Harry Thacker to leave? Huge mistake imo.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:05 pm Was it me or was Sir Dickson average in his performance??
It's you Wiggo, he was below average IMO.

Laughable that first offside call was against us in 2nd half, iirc.

Not the reason we lost, we managed that all by ourselves.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 pm Why on earth did we allow Harry Thacker to leave? Huge mistake imo.
Oh blimey...don't start that one again. The loss and current plight is enough.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Did anyone really expect anything different today. Tigers have been playing at this level most of the season.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I expected a win. Not by much, but a win.

I am at an all time low with this team.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

If just one person in a leadership position at the club would resign. If just one of them would have the courtesy, the courage, to look in the mirror and say "this is my responsibility. The club needs new leadership. New direction. I am going to step down / resign". I promise to stop posting. The 'team' though, are a mirror of the BOD and executive officers.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:55 pm Did anyone really expect anything different today. Tigers have been playing at this level most of the season.
My concern is, unless the root causes are addressed, we’ll be in for more of the same next year - whichever league that happens to be.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:20 pm
drc_007 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:55 pm Did anyone really expect anything different today. Tigers have been playing at this level most of the season.
My concern is, unless the root causes are addressed, we’ll be in for more of the same next year - whichever league that happens to be.
I've seen no evidence that much will change.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

There is none,only blind faith!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer