Weekend match thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Weekend match thread

Post by Scott1 »

For anyone to comment on all things SR or European games. Just watching some SR, absolutely filthy try by the Sunwolves,the skill levels in this league blow me away at times!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Scott1 »

The Sunwolves finally arrive and now we are gonna lose them,damn shame!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott Hansen has done well with them.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Didn't know that RB,very interesting!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am Didn't know that RB,very interesting!

I didn't know either, but they sound red hot.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Shame they’re being scrapped
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tahs Rebels is a bit meh!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Saracens made Munster look pretty ordinary without hitting top gear.

Their workmate for the full 80 mins is miles ahead of Tigers, if Tigers want to compete next year there will have to be a huge transformation.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Nigel's been doing his best to wind up the French crowd....
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I watched the semi-final today and there were some shocking decisions which had an impact.
Penalising Toulouse in the first half with the number 12 Ahki over the ball was a bad one, eventually Leinster scored from the line out to stretch it to 17-3.
Then later in the first half the most cinical deliberate knock on as you are ever likely to see from Leinster, with Toulouse virtually certain to score it was easily a penalty try, I can't see the point in having the rule if it isn't going to be consistently applied.
Half time should've been at least 10-10 with the Ahki decision the other way still to play out.
That wasn't a neutral venue and I eventually turned off as the Leinster love in on commentary became too sickly.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:03 pm I watched the semi-final today and there were some shocking decisions which had an impact.
Penalising Toulouse in the first half with the number 12 Ahki over the ball was a bad one, eventually Leinster scored from the line out to stretch it to 17-3.
Then later in the first half the most cinical deliberate knock on as you are ever likely to see from Leinster, with Toulouse virtually certain to score it was easily a penalty try, I can't see the point in having the rule if it isn't going to be consistently applied.
Half time should've been at least 10-10 with the Ahki decision the other way still to play out.
That wasn't a neutral venue and I eventually turned off as the Leinster love in on commentary became too sickly.
Yes I’ve said before I very much dislike the BT Sport commentary.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I’m obviously disappointed but clearly the better side won. Would a try have been scored if there hadn’t been a deliberate knock-on? Unlikely in my opinion. The good news is that Toulouse are on the up once more and with luck will be Top14 champions this season.
Semper in excretia
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 pm I’m obviously disappointed but clearly the better side won. Would a try have been scored if there hadn’t been a deliberate knock-on? Unlikely in my opinion. The good news is that Toulouse are on the up once more and with luck will be Top14 champions this season.
I think that you are too kind.
I fancy Toulouse would've scored had that knock on not been committed.
I'm not keen on the deliberate knock on rule but that one was about as blatant as you'll ever see and I suspect that on another day and with another ref that could've been a penalty try.
We see them given and not, too many home fans for the former on this occasion.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:05 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 pm I’m obviously disappointed but clearly the better side won. Would a try have been scored if there hadn’t been a deliberate knock-on? Unlikely in my opinion. The good news is that Toulouse are on the up once more and with luck will be Top14 champions this season.
I think that you are too kind.
I fancy Toulouse would've scored had that knock on not been committed.
I'm not keen on the deliberate knock on rule but that one was about as blatant as you'll ever see and I suspect that on another day and with another ref that could've been a penalty try.
We see them given and not, too many home fans for the former on this occasion.
Agreed should have been a penalty try. It's a short pass and if you remove the illegal interference there's no one else to disrupt the catch and dive over the line. Not that you were going to stop that unit a metre out.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Leinster are a great side. Like Sarries, they know how to win.