Post by Mark62 »

Andy Goode just tweeted that Saracens requested 3000 tickets Munster 15000
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Coventry crowd

Post by Scott1 »

3k :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

A European semifinal and only 3000 tickets sold is laughable! The true Saracens supporters are so thin on the ground, it’s pathetic.
Semper in excretia
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

Just got back from the Ricoh - please tell me how Sarries ( a brilliant side and performance) can pay out for their players with such a pathetic turnout from their 'supporters?' Munster crowd vastly outnumbered Sarrie's supporters 3 to 1.
No wonder Sarries are being investigated!
Brilliant display of teamwork, coaching and strength.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Why do some posters on this board disrespect/hate other teams so much, is it because they are more successful than us, we have got to accept we are not a top team anymore.
Please show more respect to other clubs as without them there would be no rugby and no competition.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:04 pm Why do some posters on this board disrespect/hate other teams so much, is it because they are more successful than us, we have got to accept we are not a top team anymore.
Please show more respect to other clubs as without them there would be no rugby and no competition.
The disrespect is not against the club. The Saracens team is admirable but the where are the supporters? Their team is arguably the best in Europe and deserve to be supported far better than they are.
Semper in excretia
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

cpwhelan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:55 pm Just got back from the Ricoh - please tell me how Sarries ( a brilliant side and performance) can pay out for their players with such a pathetic turnout from their 'supporters?'
Because last week they wrote of around £45m of accumulated debt. Simple.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

What's wrong with that, if they want to write off their debts good for them, trouble is on this board lots of posters think Tigers are whiter than white, we are not, why didn't Tigers push for more punishment for the two teams allegedly breaching the salary cap, I'll tell you why, to a lesser extent we were guilty of some devious practices same as a lot of the other teams in the premiership, everyone wanted it swept under the carpet.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 am What's wrong with that, if they want to write off their debts good for them, trouble is on this board lots of posters think Tigers are whiter than white, we are not, why didn't Tigers push for more punishment for the two teams allegedly breaching the salary cap, I'll tell you why, to a lesser extent we were guilty of some devious practices same as a lot of the other teams in the premiership, everyone wanted it swept under the carpet.
Whilst not necessarily saying you are wrong, I presume you have the facts to back those statements up? :smt023

If so, please share - I'd love some definitive proof of what went on, beats speculation and inconclusive opinion any day.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Stephen Jones reporting that Billy V, Farrell and Williams all got a lot of abuse from the Munster section of the crowd and a statement is expected from European rugby regarding it
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Munster supporters made the Ricoh a home ground for them just as they did in Edinburgh in the last round, I was at both matches. I saw a lot of Tigers fans at the Ricoh and could not believe how few Saracens fans were attending. The booing of Billy Vunipola I thought was pathetic and changed me from a neutral observer with a slight leaning towards Munster to someone wanting Saracens to win. Munster fans have always been brilliant but a large section let them down on Saturday with booing and also noise during kicks.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Munster fans have always misbehaved during opponents kicking,I've never rated their fans as up there with the best,that title belongs to Ulster imo.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am Stephen Jones reporting that Billy V, Farrell and Williams all got a lot of abuse from the Munster section of the crowd and a statement is expected from European rugby regarding it
https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... er-munster

Not an EPCR statement, just an article about him being confronted after the match by a spectator.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jones Twitter feed indicates something different but we will see
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

A Sarries fan on another forum reckons there were 8k Sarries fans there in their away shirts alone :smt005