Thanks for seeing the fans last night

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for seeing the fans last night

Post by Ian Cant »

After a long journey to Newcastle I felt like we’d won a cup final at the end.
The whole team really performed well apart from two really stupid penalties costing 3 points and a try for May.
Afterwards it was great to see our much maligned Aussie boys ( who both played exceptionally well, class never deserts top players) come over to the fans along with the excellent Thompson and Ford.
Kitchener again, despite what some say, put in a great shift and his beaming smile for us away fans said it all. Kerr, Genge and Whitey also made the effort, on a freezingly cold night, to come over to show how proud they were to get the result.
I was at the South Stand end so couldn’t tell how we defended so well at the end but, “ What a fantastic effort.”
I hope, if we now avoid relegation, Peter Tom and the Board will did into their pockets and treat the whole squad and the coaches to a great night out or even week end away. :smt038 :smt038 :smt041
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Thanks for seeing the fans last night

Post by Dangerous4 »

Great night! :smt017
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:46 pm Great night! :smt017
It was indeed. We could only get "seats" in the standing area behind the posts......but we were behind the posts when Tigers were so stoutly defending at the end and there was no better place to be. As we walked away I was, at 59 years of age, like a great big kid as I tried to call congratulations to the players....but nobody heard me. However, at 59 I have seen enough to not be too crestfallen....how could I be with a finish like that!!
As Good As It Gets
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:27 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:46 pm Great night! :smt017
It was indeed. We could only get "seats" in the standing area behind the North end posts......but we were behind the posts when Tigers were so stoutly defending at the end and there was no better place to be. As we walked away I was, at 59 years of age, like a great big kid as I tried to call congratulations to the players....but nobody heard me. However, at 59 I have seen enough to not be too crestfallen....how could I be with a finish like that!!
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Love that post scuttle!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:00 pm Love that post scuttle!
Thanks Scott. You've made my day ! Edit...maybe it's just that I have been to the allotment and am now felling "mellow" with a beer in hand !
As Good As It Gets