Deano drops a bombshell?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Deano drops a bombshell?

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Deano drops a bombshell?

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Just coming to light now having been said at the time?

Sounds like it was an attempt to mitigate his own punishment, by claiming that it was commonplace - probably was, especially as Ugo said so in this article reflecting on 'bloodgate':

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47882458

Monye: Hand on heart, I didn't have a clue what was going on at the time. But I did know blood capsules were a practice at Quins. It was common in rugby back then. You reflect on it now and it was pretty stupid, but it was easy to get away with it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Ten years since bloodgate. Quins made the claim at the time, but couldn't support it with evidence.

Monye pulls fewer punches in his article in the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/a ... was-brutal He makes the point that the people that suffered the most were the backroom staff who got sucked in to the maelstrom, the professional and personal damage was appalling. In comparison Deano got off lightly. I wonder if it is damage limitation mode, as I guess he might be looking elsewhere if Falcons go down.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Deano has always been full of surprises :smt007