Folau

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Folau

Post by jgriffin »

BengalTiger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:46 pm Free speech is censored by tyrants, not the easily offended. Folau had been warned by his employer, got sacked. That's what actually happened.

You are partialy correct, tryants is an expression open to interpretation

I think the easily offended brigate are also tyrants though petty tyrants fit them better (perhaps petty in both senses of the word)
I was trying gently to disagree, there is no 'easily offended brigade', we are all offended now and then in different ways.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:08 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:34 pm Regardless of what you think about what he's done it will be very interesting to see where his career goes now, Union and League in Aus are already ruled out as is Toulon, options are disappearing quickly
Maybe we could get him on the cheap then :smt003
In all seriousness Japan and Pro D2 might be his only options left
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBF some people don't choose to be drunk.

Although I very much agree with the meaning behind the post.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

If Folau has a problem with all the things tweeted then it is his problem.
None of them are a problem to me.
What is a problem is oppression of any sort.
I would've thought that Billy V might appreciate this given the extra financial goings on outside of the salary cap.
Oddly enough (or not) there doesn't seem to be much mention of gambling, and given the huge financial clout of gambling institutions, which can also be reached out into areas of financial risk taking for personal gain, then I find the depth of the tweets quite laughable.
Besides, were they true believers then they'd be sharing their wealth amongst the poor, in my opinion.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Crowd not impressed with Vunipola apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47869324
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Nice to see the Aussie media retaining their sense of humour - https://is.gd/u3LP1c

'Castle later took to Twitter to clarify that she’d been in “in constant contact” with Folau’s manager Isaac Moses in the 24 hours since his latest social media attacks on homosexuals as well as “drunks, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”, who Folau said were all destined for hell.

“He (Moses) did reach Israel, however I was unable to speak with him,” Castle tweeted.'
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

VernonAtrium wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:23 pm Nice to see the Aussie media retaining their sense of humour - https://is.gd/u3LP1c

'Castle later took to Twitter to clarify that she’d been in “in constant contact” with Folau’s manager Isaac Moses in the 24 hours since his latest social media attacks on homosexuals as well as “drunks, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters”, who Folau said were all destined for hell.

“He (Moses) did reach Israel, however I was unable to speak with him,” Castle tweeted.'
Not sure if Moses did reach Israel. I thought he went up a mountain and died and Joshua took the tribes on to occupy the land?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

He’s had his contract terminated today. It’s the right decision in my opinion. Shame such a talented player won’t be at the RWC tho.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Presumably now that he's got more time on his hands Izzy will widen his campaign to include people with tattoos, work on a Sunday, wear mixed fabrics and use banks. Oh, wait...
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Ball in RFU court with Billy V now then.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:33 pm Ball in RFU court with Billy V now then.....
Don't hold your breath.
His personal views are not representative of the entire nation and therefore being an England player his claim to free speech as an individual is not a valid one.
An apology is required otherwise he should be stood down, and if his faith is that strong then representitive earnings to date should be repaid.
I'm surprised by it all in 2019, even the most basic acceptance that humans are one of the few mammals to take part in sexual activity for pleasure.
I can only assume that Billy will only ever take part in sexual activity to reproduce, otherwise he is a hypocrite.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BFG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:46 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:33 pm Ball in RFU court with Billy V now then.....
Don't hold your breath.
His personal views are not representative of the entire nation and therefore being an England player his claim to free speech as an individual is not a valid one.
An apology is required otherwise he should be stood down, and if his faith is that strong then representitive earnings to date should be repaid.
I'm surprised by it all in 2019, even the most basic acceptance that humans are one of the few mammals to take part in sexual activity for pleasure.
I can only assume that Billy will only ever take part in sexual activity to reproduce, otherwise he is a hypocrite.
...or, as in my case - for nostalgia!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

And the right to be let go if people who pay the bills think they’re becoming a liability for their brands.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:21 pm Surprised this thread hasn't been pulled. I'm one of the rare breed that doesn't care one iota,whereas both sides of the argument edge towards the extreme.
If you truly don't care then everyone would be as accepting of diversity as you, but unfortunately they are not, and this topic is a prime example!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Folau gets the sack and Billy gets a slap on the wrists for totally agreeing with him.

Something smacks of double standards. Well done the Aussies for their stance, despite him being their best player.
Shame on Sarries and England for bottling it