Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol - 27th April 2019

Post by westwinds31 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:35 pm Tom Youngesque clearout I heard
It was nothing like Tom Youngs' clearout, Owen went into the ruck on Flood, Flood was low and there was minimal contact with the shoulder/neck area. It was the commentary team, Ugo Monye in particular who started talking and oohing and ahhing about it and comparing it to OTY's red card last week...similar contact point etc, absolute rubbish IMO.

The angle he came in at there's no way Toby Flood's neck would have got hit...his ears would have been in the way :smt002 :smt003

At first they thought Toby went off for an HIA after contacting Manu's thighs in a tackle but replays showed it was ruck contact. Flood walked off fine, came back on later and Deano said afterwards he didn't know why he'd gone off and that he thought he played better afterwards.
Spot on. The pantomime season has come early and because it’s been saturated coverage of clear outs and high tackles on TV, the crowd now “oooh” and “ahhh” at anything slightly above the waist. It’s ridiculous.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That's Brizzle safe then,better for us next week imo.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:02 pm That's Brizzle safe then,better for us next week imo.
They will now be wanting to finish in the top 6.....this will keep them honest if it comes down to the final game of the season needing a win.....against Newcastle!
Hopefully, Tigers can get the points that makes the finish mathematically secure.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Completely different mindset fighting for top 6 or relegation ,but that goes for us too.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

1.Genge 2.Kerr 3.Cole 4.Wells 5.Spencer 6.Thompson 7.O'Connor 8.Kalamafoni
9.Harrison 10.G Ford 11.Olowofela 12.Toomua 13.Smith 14.Aspland-Robinson 15.May

16.Polota-Nau 17.Gigena 18.Heyes 19.Fitzgerald 20.Reffell 21.White 22.Hardwick 23.Sarto

I've thought that Fitzgerald has found some better form in the last few weeks but he's also got through a big workload.

Kalamafoni or Thompson can share 6/8 duties well. Kalamafoni is slightly better controlling the ball at the base in attack but in defence he'd work well at blindside, cutting down number 8 pick-and-go but also freeing up Thompson the get across the pitch.

The back three is a case of picking who's standing. If Sarto is fit it's worth seeing what he can offer though. He was a class act prior to the injuries and if that's still there he'd be a good addition longer term.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:35 pm Tom Youngesque clearout I heard
It was nothing like Tom Youngs' clearout, Owen went into the ruck on Flood, Flood was low and there was minimal contact with the shoulder/neck area. It was the commentary team, Ugo Monye in particular who started talking and oohing and ahhing about it and comparing it to OTY's red card last week...similar contact point etc, absolute rubbish IMO.

The angle he came in at there's no way Toby Flood's neck would have got hit...his ears would have been in the way :smt002 :smt003

At first they thought Toby went off for an HIA after contacting Manu's thighs in a tackle but replays showed it was ruck contact. Flood walked off fine, came back on later and Deano said afterwards he didn't know why he'd gone off and that he thought he played better afterwards.
Spot on. The pantomime season has come early and because it’s been saturated coverage of clear outs and high tackles on TV, the crowd now “oooh” and “ahhh” at anything slightly above the waist. It’s ridiculous.
To add to that, and my post, I now remember that Flatman (I think) said in commentary in his opinion it looked like Flood was trying to 'buy' the penalty to get his team out of the mire, Flats' comment seemed to be based on exactly the pantomime aspect of recent weeks and the officials' focus on 'offences of the moment', IF Floody was up to that, it backfired, he simply got knocked over.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:10 pm

To add to that, and my post, I now remember that Flatman (I think) said in commentary in his opinion it looked like Flood was trying to 'buy' the penalty to get his team out of the mire, Flats' comment seemed to be based on exactly the pantomime aspect of recent weeks and the officials' focus on 'offences of the moment', IF Floody was up to that, it backfired, he simply got knocked over.
Amazing, all that and no recognition that the so called "best ref in the world" bumbling Barnes failed to give a penalty against Flood for not supporting his own weight on the attempted jackal, and even could've reversed it for the players going off their feet to clear out if he wished, but said Sir chose to just watch and do nothing but stop play for someone he thought injured who is then accused of milking it.
That's why thousands of amateur players give up and and why thousands of parents won't let their children play rugby.
You'd think that they'd work it out but that's idiots for you.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I definitely think we should have a spirited rendition of It's Raining Men at half time, in recognition of the expert-level PA work at Ashton Gate today.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

BFG wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:23 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Amazing, all that and no recognition that the so called "best ref in the world" bumbling Barnes failed to give a penalty against Flood for not supporting his own weight on the attempted jackal, and even could've reversed it for the players going off their feet to clear out if he wished, but said Sir chose to just watch and do nothing but stop play for someone he thought injured who is then accused of milking it.
That's why thousands of amateur players give up and and why thousands of parents won't let their children play rugby.
You'd think that they'd work it out but that's idiots for you.
Don’t start me Genge’s brush past Flood either. Pathetic from a seasoned professional, appealing to Wayne Barnes...sniper got him.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Yes Sapajo we'll smash them as we're at home !! . I share your sceptisim - sadly I was one of the many who saw us destroyed at Ashton Gate earlier this Season .
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

A lot will depend on what team we can field especially in our back line. I’m especially worried about the centres. Manu limping off could be a blow although I’d assume Toomua would play 12 if Manu not fit with the new lad we’ve just signed playing full back. Toomua at 12 and Manu at 13 will probably happen even if Manu is fit.

I want to get this relegation lark over and done with. I’ve no confidence in any of the teams at present doing us any favours and have come to the conclusion we’ve got to secure things ourselves. After yesterday I’m resigned to the fact Newcastle will probably win all their games.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Newcastle won't win at Gloc. Like I predicted we needed 5 points to be safe so we need another BP out of 3 games. I'm sure we will best that.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Northampton will be up for the game at Newcastle as a good win could take them into the top four....
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk