Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Scott1 »

Come on mate haha read the drivel written by a certain Sarries fan who by the way is an ex Saints supporter who did the Judas and started following them when they were doing well. You can't see the sheer Tigers hate running through that site? Theres an ex Tigers prop who played in the front row in the 80s,I won't mention his real name until I've been given permission,who has been virtually run off the site because of the pure ante Leicester stance by the vast majority of posters. It borders on obsessional by one or two.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:17 pm If you get 5 minutes,skim through this absolute drivel. You might have to bite your tongue though!
https://disqus.com/home/channel/dtrugby ... ho/newest/
[/quote

Utter garbage, but there's always donkeys out there.

Splendid gritty performance from the team, just when it was needed, but O. was a bit of a passenger on the wing.

What a huge relief to win this key game. :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:42 pm Come on mate haha read the drivel written by a certain Sarries fan who by the way is an ex Saints supporter who did the Judas and started following them when they were doing well. You can't see the sheer Tigers hate running through that site? Theres an ex Tigers prop who played in the front row in the 80s,I won't mention his real name until I've been given permission,who has been virtually run off the site because of the pure ante Leicester stance by the vast majority of posters. It borders on obsessional by one or two.
It is par for the course in my experience and easy reading compared to Barnes anti-Leicester drivel.
Hopefully Exeter will do them this year and knock them down a peg.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes D4,I couldn't watch it! :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Incedible amount of moaning from some fans on here. When I stood watching the Newcastle team warming up last night I couldn’t believe how massive nearly all of their players were apart from a Flood and Hammersley.

Come on! Great, gutsy performance by everyone. The Newcastle fans were vociferous and yet sporting.

As for those moaning about George Ford: ridiculous. Watch other teams. Part of the game and Barnes, who reffed well, stops the game at collapsed scrums and other times. When Ford went to take the conversion, being that end of the ground, Barnes applied the rule to Falcons about no moving forward until the right time. Not sure if TV showed it, but as Fordy was about to kick, it was obvious from where I stood at the game that some Newcastle players were walking forward to speak to Sir.

Proud of every player and the coaching staff.

Now let’s get back to back wins.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Re George Ford it was a good call. Our forwards were blowing and we had scored against the run of play. He bought time for our coaches to get some messages on and for his players to take in fluids. The added bonus that it got right under the skin of the opposition just made it better.

Ford knew the laws and used them to help out his team. Good bit of leadership from our captain on the night.
lwade1986

Post by lwade1986 »

Re Ford and the 90 seconds - Teams have done exactly the same thing to us at welford road, even this season (the team escapes, apologies). I'm surprised the amount of airtime it's been given, I'm sure the same thing will happen again across the premiership before the seasons out. I put it down to game management as others have mentioned.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Also re Ford and 90 seconds, it was glaringly obvious because, being in front of the posts, he needed hardly any preparation time, plus he got set up quickly. So probably 80 of the 90 seconds was just standing around. Now imagine a conversion out on the wing, with the ball taking a while to get to the kicker, the tee taking ages to get on and a kicker with lengthy preparations like Takalua, or Farrell (not picking on them, just obvious examples). That would take almost as long and no-one would bat an eyelid (well, almost no-one except the "opposition" fans).
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'm really not bothered whether some on here agree with my point of view but that time wasting by Ford was against the spirit of the game and was another step in the wrong direction.

Law 9. 26 A player must not do anything that is against the spirit of good sportsmanship.

It's a shame Tigers have to stoop this low to try and win a game now :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

lwade1986 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:02 pm Re Ford and the 90 seconds - Teams have done exactly the same thing to us at welford road, even this season (the team escapes, apologies).
Weir, Worcester
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

G.K wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:37 am I'm really not bothered whether some on here agree with my point of view but that time wasting by Ford was against the spirit of the game and was another step in the wrong direction.

Law 9. 26 A player must not do anything that is against the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Wrong! If it's in the rules then it's not against the spirit of good sportsmanship. Blame the rules if you want to but not Ford.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

So had we scored the winning try with 80 secs to go on the clock GK would rather George Ford kick the conversion quickly and allow Newcastle the chance to start again?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

G.K wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:37 am I'm really not bothered whether some on here agree with my point of view but that time wasting by Ford was against the spirit of the game and was another step in the wrong direction.

So in the old days when a prop would take a knee so the pack would get a breather you'd be up in arms as well? This is basically the same thing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jeez,some folk are talking like we've committed an awful unspeakable act! Every team cheats in different ways,look at Exeter's breakdown "work",Sarries constantly offside "rush defence" am I bothered Ford took the allotted time for a kick? Not one tiny bit!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I have to say it could have backfired. It’s one thing killing time when you are more than 2 tries up, but if you are within a score you may need the time yourself.

I think the time to kick should be reduced to 45 seconds.
Enough time to get back in place if you scored. Time off if ref feels kicker needs time to recover from a knock etc.