Guy Thompson

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Guy Thompson

Post by RagingBull »

Doubt Mark Wilson has signed for anyone else yet.
Could well be possible if Denton does retire and we have the cap space freed up by it for a late replacement.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Mark is doing a Pennell according to sources
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We'll see he does have a relegation clause in his newly signed contract.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I hope he stays if they go down,I'm sure they will look after him £ wise and he will be going to a WC as well as having played in a couple of memorable RCC games.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Don't know what Falcons will do £ wise.
Falcons cut the budget by £1 million from last season to this season, despite finishing 4th!!!!

Would imagine said budget will be cut again.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did they? Thanks RB!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:07 pm Did they? Thanks RB!
Pretty sure they did.
Playing budget is now £4,000,000
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What's their attendances like? Do you know?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Think it's gone down by over 2,000 per home game I think this season compared to last.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That's going to suffer even more if they drop. Thanks.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Anyone else find it a bit ironic that the player that showed the most 'Tigers spirit' on Friday has only fairly recently joined from Wasps?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

G.K wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 am Anyone else find it a bit ironic that the player that showed the most 'Tigers spirit' on Friday has only fairly recently joined from Wasps?
Not really. It was just Guy Thompson, he has always played that way in every game I saw him play for Wasps and us, and probably for Jersey before that.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

It shows we need to recruit to players to fit the team rather than change the team to fit the players or coaches. Many fans would be happy to see that fight and spirit and be on the wrong end of a few scores than see heads go down. How many games were won in the last 10 mins in the past and this season Newcastle and Wasps games have show some of the never say die approach from some Tigers players. Ford may not have made the tackle on Friday but he ran like a man possessed to get there. Matt Tait was often in the background of an opposition try but had not got there, but we will all remember the day he made that tackle last year. We needs spirit but also brains and good decision making. Guy has been brilliant and I wonder if he would have dragged others along with him if he had played more?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

G.K wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 am Anyone else find it a bit ironic that the player that showed the most 'Tigers spirit' on Friday has only fairly recently joined from Wasps?
No that is why we signed him. He's played that way for a long time and we actually looked at him whilst he played for Jersey. Hopefully the young flankers in the development squad are watching him and learning.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

First name on the team sheet along with George Ford, May, Holmes, Genge and Cole.
That offload to May, which I only saw how good it was when I got home from the game, was pure brilliance and not the first time he has done it.