Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Scott1 »

It's been a very tough season for picking,plenty of upsets.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How was Toomua?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:44 am Thanks scuttle,hope you had a great night!
We did thanks. Sitting in the hotel with a cup of tea thinking.........well you know! I just remember the last kick of last season's home game which sent them into the play-offs and us into 5th place so it was good to see last minute tension going our way this time. It was only one game but it was away, against Necastle on an artificial pitch with a very vocal local support, so it does mean alot; more importantly you could see how much it meant to the team. They need to hold onto that feeling for the next 3 matches and take each on as it comes; we are 8 points above Newcastle with 15 points still to play for and I think they can do it.
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did you have a post match beer or 3? Did we have many fans there?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 am Did you have a post match beer or 3? Did we have many fans there?
Indeed! Quite a few fans actually; always a regular sight when walking around but will be more visible in a smaller crowd.
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Love Newcastle as a city,great people! Really looking forward to Brizzle now,I'd rather there wasn't a break selfishly but it might be the best thing after last night. Healing time and more time to work on the defensive issues.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Just a great pity our survival sends Newcastle down. Hammersley and Sinoti would flourish here, methinks..
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 am Just a great pity our survival sends Newcastle down. Hammersley and Sinoti would flourish here, methinks..
What about Goneva? He is their best attacking player, still has the ability to beat anyone and always make ground ball in hand. Would never say no to his return.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 am How was Toomua?
Very good all round - a lot of creativity particularly with his little kick throughs.
Hehehehehehehehe
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 am Just a great pity our survival sends Newcastle down.
I'm not so sure. If Sale beat Wuss this weekend and no LBP then it's tight.

Both have to play Saints/Glaws then last weekend Falcons have Brizzle and Wuss have Saracens.

They're not down yet.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jaguar
Tiger Cub

Post by jaguar »

willip wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 am I think Spencer was also immense. I know he dropped a ball in the line out but some of his defensive was awesome.
Again Spencer had a massive game hit after hit he gets through so much work
terraceite
Tiger Cub

Post by terraceite »

Just a thought for those moaning about George Fords delay on the conversion - if it had happened with 1 minute to go to win the match would you have told him to hurry up?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

terraceite wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:31 am Just a thought for those moaning about George Fords delay on the conversion - if it had happened with 1 minute to go to win the match would you have told him to hurry up?
Of course they wouldn't - my only 2 thoughts were that it was the correct decision, astute captaincy - could have come back to bite him but captaincy is all about making the correct decision at that time and the decision was correct. My 2nd thought was regarding the role that WB played in it - he actively helped by counting down the clock voluntarily - if GF wanted to take the full 90 secs then after the 1st timing info, I feel the rest is up to George to get right. Never heard any other ref doing a countdown.
Last edited by trendylfj on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hehehehehehehehe
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Owen had a decent game.
Williams more effort.
Kitchener might as well have been in Worcester already.

Manu injury a concern.
Oluofelwa exposed in defence.

Can’t figure out the scrum penalty at the end. Cole stayed up and kept his bind.
Mulipola went down when he lost his bind. Tigers penalty surely.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:54 am Can’t figure out the scrum penalty at the end. Cole stayed up and kept his bind.
Mulipola went down when he lost his bind. Tigers penalty surely.
Looked that way to me as well.