Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Scott1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am

Even if we restrict it to a 3 point loss I can take that. What we don't need is a heavy defeat.

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Cardiff Tig » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 am

sapajo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am
john wells article in the times

" Leicester legends could send former club closer to the drop"

At last someone from outside the club and an ex tiger coach has publicly hit the nail on the head!!!!
Wells was another head coach that we should never have let go (or at least let go as easily as we did). The board wouldn't give him more than a one-year rolling contract.

Starting the see a theme here the more I look back at Tigers history...

upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by upandunder » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am

Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
Go Tigers, show us all what you are made of.

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by MikeR » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 am

Astonished that Owen has been selected - slow and defensively poor . Hardwick would have brought some enthusiasm and a bit more pace . In general I thought the forwards did better last week - defended mauls very well - and think that the swop of Thompson for O'Connor is right . Simmons should be on the bench for White .

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5113
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Tigerbeat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 am

Cardiff Tig wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 am
sapajo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am
john wells article in the times

" Leicester legends could send former club closer to the drop"

At last someone from outside the club and an ex tiger coach has publicly hit the nail on the head!!!!
Wells was another head coach that we should never have let go (or at least let go as easily as we did). The board wouldn't give him more than a one-year rolling contract.

Starting the see a theme here the more I look back at Tigers history...
Wells was offered an opportunity to work with the RFU if I recall rightly and was an opportunity not to be turned down.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by fortysix » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 am

Not true, Wellsy was offered a paltry sum by the RFU but took it because he wasnt valued by the Board.

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Cardiff Tig » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:29 am

It was an academy role in the RFU, not the senior team. At the time it was made clear he wanted a longer contract from the club.

There's no chance the head coach of the biggest, most successful club in the country (at that time we actually were! :smt022 ) leaves his post for a lower position in the RFU under normal circumstances.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2374
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Chobbsy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am

upandunder wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am
Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
Go Tigers, show us all what you are made of.
That is the sad thing, I believe the team selected tonight has the talent, but not the will or the heart
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Scuttle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Scuttle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:08 am

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 am
I'm nervous as hell! Hate watching on telly,much prefer to be there
Me too which is why late yesterday my wife and I decided to go and are just about to set off . The team need to see as many Tigers shirts as possible to show we are right behind them. There are many reasons to believe we can win.
As Good As It Gets

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2599
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Scott1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:12 am

Good man scuttle,enjoy!

jaguar
New Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by jaguar » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 am

Chobbsy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am
upandunder wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am
Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
Go Tigers, show us all what you are made of.
That is the sad thing, I believe the team selected tonight has the talent, but not the will or the heart
They are professional players who play to win I would think they hate coming 2 nd as much as we do

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Tomvarndell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:42 am

A huge game and not one I’m looking forward to. A battering tonight and technically survival is taken out of our own hands which is a scary thought. A bonus point defeat isn’t the end of the World as others have alluded to and if nothing else it will also show an improvement on recent performances.

The thought of being bottom come the end of this round of matches sends a shiver down my spine and I would imagine it’s even worse for those employed by the Club outside of the playing staff, as relegation is going to lead to a massive amount of job losses.

Surely we are due a performance and also a tad of good fortune unless the Wasps game was our bit for the season. At least our opponents are under similar pressure, if not more.

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3618
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by TigerCam » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:26 pm

The game has not been played; the 'fat lady' hasn't even started her vocal warm-up; the wall has not been written on!! I will be watching the game on TV tonight, yes I will have a cold pint to hide behind if necessary and a full beer fridge to drown my sorrows should I deem it appropriate? The side is good enough to win despite one or two players not IMO playing well enough? The Falcon have the same 'mixed' form as the Tigers. It all come down to whom wants enough. George Ford does as shown by his efforts in the past couple of games but he cannot do it on his own!

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2374
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Chobbsy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:15 pm

jaguar wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:15 am
Chobbsy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am
upandunder wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am
Have faith. Tigers will win tonight. I have to believe they have too much pride in both the shirt and their own performance to do otherwise.
Go Tigers, show us all what you are made of.
That is the sad thing, I believe the team selected tonight has the talent, but not the will or the heart
They are professional players who play to win I would think they hate coming 2 nd as much as we do
Sadly I do not believe that is true for the players who are leaving
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Dangerous4 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:28 pm

My nervous system feels like a jelly that is wobbling violently.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ABClub, Coops, neilf and 2 guests