Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Post by Robespierre »

I've been supporting Tigers now for just over 50 years, including 13 years as a season ticket holder until I came to France in '99, but have just about lost faith in the club and those that are in senior positions. I am sad to say it, but I think it'll take a miracle to avoid playing Championship rugby next season. However, if the players, by fair means or foul, manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat tomorrow evening, I'd be over the moon, because a win, however narrow, would surely spur them on to win at least the remaining home games (and all being well, I'll be on the terrace cheering 'em on for the Bristol game) and ensure safety and a fresh start next season.
Semper in excretia
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

With the greatest respect for opinions, we do not know how players have trained, whether they are carrying knocks or why they have been picked. Given the situation that the team are in, the injuries, suspensions, it does not give much selection choice.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

With all due respect TB,Wells has always performed better than Kitchener ,and he's ahead of him in lineout steals this season and last ,when in the team,it's a plastic pitch so BoC and Guy both starting makes more sense in high tempo game,Owen has been dreadful for an age and both Olowefella and May can play FB. These arnt changes outside tomorrow's 23 either. Poor selecton imo.
Last edited by Scott1 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:02 pm With the greatest respect for opinions, we do not know how players have trained, whether they are carrying knocks or why they have been picked. Given the situation that the team are in, the injuries, suspensions, it does not give much selection choice.
what we do know is Williams and Kitchener always play when fit but hardly ever play well, especially this season, if you don't learn from your mistakes you are doomed to repeat them and Geordan is not learning
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It is poor selection imo...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

We will be fine. My wife and I have decided to sit at a different table in our usual restaurant in Leicester in future and I have decided to wear different socks when watching the games. Having made the decision it becomes the obligating event going forward so I think we will win tomorrow. :smt041
As Good As It Gets
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

It would be nice to get up and put the kettle on, or get another beer out of the fridge at half-time, knowing that we're still in the game. Granted, last week we were 8 points down but realistically it was never going to happen. It would also be nice not to concede a try in the first 10 minutes. I've lost count of how many times we've made an error or missed a tackle that has led to a try to the opposition early doors, then heads go down and it's uphill from there.

I don't see any way that we can win this game, but you never know. :smt027
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

The only thing I like about this is that Manu has moved to 12. Given that our pack is pretty :censored: and struggles for quick ball, Manu should receive the ball more at 12 than 13.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Looking at the selected team, I am.99% certain we will lose this game Come tomorrow night our goose will finally be well and truly cooked methinks.

G.M., Just what are you up to? It's the mixture as before, and it doesn't work. :smt017 :smt017
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Does anyone know the ticketing situation at Falcons. We have decided to try and make the trip. Website doesn't have any 2 seats together so looks like standing room only but do not seem able to buy.
As Good As It Gets
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:02 pm With the greatest respect for opinions, we do not know how players have trained, whether they are carrying knocks or why they have been picked. Given the situation that the team are in, the injuries, suspensions, it does not give much selection choice.
Steady on.

You wonder if the pitch was a factor is some elements of the selection (such as the back row/number 8 choice).
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:58 pm I've been supporting Tigers now for just over 50 years, including 13 years as a season ticket holder until I came to France in '99, but have just about lost faith in the club and those that are in senior positions. I am sad to say it, but I think it'll take a miracle to avoid playing Championship rugby next season. However, if the players, by fair means or foul, manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat tomorrow evening, I'd be over the moon, because a win, however narrow, would surely spur them on to win at least the remaining home games (and all being well, I'll be on the terrace cheering 'em on for the Bristol game) and ensure safety and a fresh start next season.

Bizarre! Just over 50 years a Tiger too, and also escaped to France. I, however, think we'll escape this season, by hook or by crook.Worcester's run in is tricky too. Minimum requirement tomorrow is to stop Newcastle from bagging 5 and to come away with a B.P. If we do that I think we'll escape. Any more than that and I'm confident of survival. A win would be icing on the cake and stopping a Newky B.P. would be perfect!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well tigersteve and Robes, I too have been supporting Tigers for 40 years but have not "escaped" to France, preferring the odd sojourn over the channel, whilst remaining in the old County!

Every time I see our team announced I think, that's not bad, should be good enough to win or get close....

But the facts are tragically very different and I can't see any way we will win tonight. I know the players are really trying, but their form, confidence and luck has deserted them.

I would so love to be proved wrong tonight, I will be watching from behind the sofa as always, beer in hand.

"Keep the faith" is the old battle cry, but it really is difficult at present!!
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

john wells article in the times

" Leicester legends could send former club closer to the drop"

At last someone from outside the club and an ex tiger coach has publicly hit the nail on the head!!!!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm nervous as hell! Hate watching on telly,much prefer to be there
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer