Tigerbeat

Club address social media abuse

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ashurstwoodtiger

Re: Club address social media abuse

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

What a good response, although don't use Social media personally so not aware of what is being posted. However if as I read it Tom and his family have been targeted ( after what they have been through recently) then I for one hope the person's responsible are found and receive the appropriate punishment both from the Club and the Law.

Rugby is a Sport enjoyed by a lot of people of different walks of life and age this type of thing should be stamped out before it gets a foothold.

Glad to see the Club is being proactive
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Totally agree. I also don't use social media and think that keyboard abusers are the lowest of the low, just cowards and frankly pathetic.

The Club will be fully justified to ban for life anyone that has been abusive to the players and particularly their families.

I'm really glad I don't see this stuff, just don't see the need to get involved at all.
Soggypitch
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:59 pm What a good response, although don't use Social media personally so not aware of what is being posted. However if as I read it Tom and his family have been targeted ( after what they have been through recently) then I for one hope the person's responsible are found and receive the appropriate punishment both from the Club and the Law.

Rugby is a Sport enjoyed by a lot of people of different walks of life and age this type of thing should be stamped out before it gets a foothold.

Glad to see the Club is being proactive
Agree. Hopefully these probably fake accounts can be unravelled and the keyboard warriors dealt with. Part of it should be the restorative justice approach, although I'm not a fan, it would be funny to see the protagonists go face to face with (pretty p'd off) rugby players.

Good on the club for getting this reported, hopefully there will be no climb down if the guilty bar stewards are found.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Good for the club. It really does need sorting out. :smt045
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

I must say that only Yesterday I made a comment on the Facebook page and got a torrent of abuse from some of the posters, ended up deleting my post and reporting them. There is no place for this and I’m glad the club have taken action 😀
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

Totally agree. I am one who has often criticised the idiots who are running our club into the ground on this forum. But to target players in abusive ways is simply unacceptable. Life bans please.
Morons
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

chappie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:57 pm I must say that only Yesterday I made a comment on the Facebook page and got a torrent of abuse from some of the posters, ended up deleting my post and reporting them. There is no place for this and I’m glad the club have taken action 😀
Sadly it's the only thing you can do. Some people seem to make up for inadequacies in their own line by directing torrents of abuse at people online. Hopefully they receive bans and maybe a knock at the door.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:31 pm
chappie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:57 pm I must say that only Yesterday I made a comment on the Facebook page and got a torrent of abuse from some of the posters, ended up deleting my post and reporting them. There is no place for this and I’m glad the club have taken action 😀
Sadly it's the only thing you can do. Some people seem to make up for inadequacies in their own line by directing torrents of abuse at people online. Hopefully they receive bans and maybe a knock at the door.
Your quite right mate, at the end of the day we all have our own opinions, some right and some wrong but for the life of me I just don’t get why would you give a torrent of abuse to a players family 🙈
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Absolute idiots. Not rugby fans at all. Ban all the idiots from every rugby ground. Tigers have been hit with injuries galore, and yes, performances have been dire but I doubt any team would cope with all the players out we’ve had.
Time to get behind the team.
Sorry that the players have been subjected to such vile abuse.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Whilst I’m not surprised fans are feeling hurt and angry at the moment, nothing, but nothing justifies the sort of stuff that has been put on s/m, some of which has been described to me red in tooth and claw. I fully support the Club’s action to clamp down on it swiftly.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

In what world is it right to abuse anyone, any time, anywhere? There are players whose performances and commitment have been below what is required. Nothing wrong in stating that, but to resort to evil, cowardly abuse is the pits. Brainless morons with no balls, no idea and no place in Rugby. Go and follow soccer.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Have railed on FB page about horrid comments, some of them racist. Some seem to delight in nasty comments, but then I suspect some are not even Tigers fans.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

An appropriate response from the Club which I fully endorse.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

Paying for a season ticket grants me the right to voice my opinion at Welford Rd, loudly, so long I'm legal & decent (though not necessarily right!). If this means shouting "wake up, Leicester", or even "rubbish", I see no problem if justifiable, as I think it has been recently.

Conversely, I'll cheer them on till I'm hoarse & applaud them till my hands ache when they fight, even if they lose.

Personal abuse, especially to players' families, is completely unacceptable, no more acceptable than racial abuse. I hope those who do are banned (& police action taken) & I think the club's response is correct.