Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Carver510

Re: Tigers v Newcastle - 12th March 2019

Post by Carver510 »

If we had got any points against Exeter, we would've given ourselves some momentum and the potential to be in control of whether we can stay up.
Having lost and in the way we did, we are also having to rely on other results, not just our own. If we lose against Newcastle, I honestly fear the worse. Where would momentum come from? If we haven't got any confidence over pretty much a season with GM in charge and wanting to now play for the future of this club, where can it possibly come from? Newcastle away on a Friday night are hardly going to be a pushover.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Carver510 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:44 pm If we had got any points against Exeter, we would've given ourselves some momentum and the potential to be in control of whether we can stay up.
Having lost and in the way we did, we are also having to rely on other results, not just our own. If we lose against Newcastle, I honestly fear the worse. Where would momentum come from? If we haven't got any confidence over pretty much a season with GM in charge and wanting to now play for the future of this club, where can it possibly come from? Newcastle away on a Friday night are hardly going to be a pushover.
I'm perhaps missing your point here but our Premiership survival is still in our own hands given that Worcester and Falcons are below us right now. :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:36 pm
Carver510 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:44 pm If we had got any points against Exeter, we would've given ourselves some momentum and the potential to be in control of whether we can stay up.
I'm perhaps missing your point here but our Premiership survival is still in our own hands given that Worcester and Falcons are below us right now. :smt017
That's true, maybe my point wasn't clear - my main worry is the lack of momentum which we have and where it's going to come from. If the performance against Exeter was better and we managed a bonus point, we would have a little momentum to build upon.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Regardless of so called ability/class, we should play the players that are up for the fight. The next few games will be about guts and desire, we have to rekindle the old Tigers spirit, if that means dropping some of the "stars" then so be it.

I would hope that GM and MF between them will be well aware of that. It's an old fashioned test of character.
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I've only just noticed but Leicester City are playing Newcastle United on the same evening.
What odds would the bookies give for two Leicester wins?
Semper in excretia
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

The Falcons are, if anything, points wise, in a worse position than Tigers. What's barely been mentioned is that you can talk about team sheets and individual players as much as you like, but this situation means that when the final whistle blows, the points will go to the players who want them most.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I mentioned it yesterday Coleshilad. There's huge pressure on Newcastle too,we have the 5 point buffer. They lose and it's as good as over if Wuss beat Sale as I think they will. We need a great start and early points.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:27 am I mentioned it yesterday Coleshilad. There's huge pressure on Newcastle too,we have the 5 point buffer. They lose and it's as good as over if Wuss beat Sale as I think they will. We need a great start and early points.
...................and 80 minutes of complete effort, and 15 men on the field, so no stupid cards
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

I think it is only fair that for the rest of the season we pick players who are going to be here next season. At least give them the chance to dig themselves out of this mess otherwise they become championship players.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Last week I could get 8/1 against Tigers getting relegated...now I can only get 3/1. And the odds on Newcastle and Wuss are only marginally better. Must have been some bookies at the Exeter match.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Eastmond out,Smith and Wells back. Get them both in the 23!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Smith on the bench Toomua out the squad for me
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Who would you start at 12?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

15. Clayton Blommetjies
14. Leonardo Sarto
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Matt Toomua
11. Jonny May
10. George Ford (C)
9. Ben White
1. Ellis Genge
2. Jake Kerr
3. Dan Cole
4. Harry Wells
5. Will Spencer
6. Mike Fitzgerald
7. Tommy Reffell
8. Guy Thompson

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Campese Ma'afu
18. Joe Heyes
19. Graham Kitchener
20. Brendan O'Connor
21. Sam Harrison
22. Joe Ford
23. Matt Smith
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TTRITH wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm 15. Clayton Blommetjies
14. Leonardo Sarto
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Matt Toomua
11. Jonny May
10. George Ford (C)
9. Ben White
1. Ellis Genge
2. Jake Kerr
3. Dan Cole
4. Harry Wells
5. Will Spencer
6. Mike Fitzgerald
7. Tommy Reffell
8. Guy Thompson

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Campese Ma'afu
18. Joe Heyes
19. Graham Kitchener
20. Brendan O'Connor
21. Sam Harrison
22. Joe Ford
23. Matt Smith
Like the look of that team but i'm not sure you can ask Reffell and Blommetjies to play twice in 5 days