Tigers v Newcastle - 12th April 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: V Newcastle

Post by Scott1 »

I've just accepted relegation now,I did it before the Chiefs game and strangely I still enjoyed it. That way if it comes its not a deep shock,it would be far worse if I thought we definitely would avoid the drop then went down.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:22 pm I've just accepted relegation now,I did it before the Chiefs game and strangely I still enjoyed it. That way if it comes its not a deep shock,it would be far worse if I thought we definitely would avoid the drop then went down.
Plan for the worst and hope for the best. A reasonable strategy.
As Good As It Gets
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I could see it maybe being
1. Genge
2. Kerr
3. Cole
4. Spencer
5. Kitchener
6. Fitzgerald
7. O'Connor
8. Thompson
9. Harrison
10. Ford
11. May
12. Toomua
13. Manu
14. Olowofela/Aspland-robinson
15. Blommetjies (Potentially)/Olwofela

16. TPN
17. Gigena
18. Heyes
19. Williams
20. Reffell
21. White
22. Hardwick/Owen
23. Aslpand-Robinson/Steward
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only good thing is that it's us that have the 5 point cushion,it's arguably a bigger match for Newcastle. We can lose and still stay up,I don't think they can. Let's come out the blocks and turn it on its head and make them feel the pressure.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes both BoC and Guy have to start. Fast pitch ,high tempo game. Need to slow Newcastle ball down,they can be electric in MF.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

is George Worth done for the season?
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I would have Joe Ford in the squad. He gives his all and will tackle.
Like everyone else, sadly injuries dictate the decisions but a Guy Thomson has to play. As I said on another post, Kitchener should want to play well as it’s in his interests for next year. To be fair his lineout skill will be needed.
Problem will be Deano knows how to escape relegation and rested a couple of players ( Wilson in particular) to target us.
I’m going to drive up to give some support! Hope to see other fans in The South Stand.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I believe Joe Ford can play Full Back

Genge
Kerr
Cole
Spencer
Wells
Fitzgerald
O'Connor
Thompson
White
G. Ford
Aspland-Robinson
Tuilagi
Owen
May
J. Ford

TPN
Gigena
Heyes
Kitchener
Mapapalangi
Harrison
Toomua
Olowofela

EDIT: after a rethink i would have Manu at 12 with Owen outside him
Last edited by Jimmy Skitz on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:36 pm I would have Joe Ford in the squad. He gives his all and will tackle.
Like everyone else, sadly injuries dictate the decisions but a Guy Thomson has to play. As I said on another post, Kitchener should want to play well as it’s in his interests for next year. To be fair his lineout skill will be needed.
Problem will be Deano knows how to escape relegation and rested a couple of players ( Wilson in particular) to target us.
I’m going to drive up to give some support! Hope to see other fans in The South Stand.
Wilson picked up an injury against Sale so may have not fully recovered for yesterday
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Harrison to start.....not very impressed with White yesterday....two quick tap penalties when should have kicked for the corner.
www.matthampson.co.uk
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm Only good thing is that it's us that have the 5 point cushion,it's arguably a bigger match for Newcastle. We can lose and still stay up,I don't think they can. Let's come out the blocks and turn it on its head and make them feel the pressure.
I like your optimism. I was thinking more, let’s make our tackles, not concede a try within 10 minutes again and let’s keep our discipline. I can’t see us winning, given we’ve struggled there before when we’ve been decent, and we’re a long long way from that.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dont forget that the points difference is worth an extra point if the teams finish level on points, games won. Tigers have the worse points difference.
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm Harrison to start.....not very impressed with White yesterday....two quick tap penalties when should have kicked for the corner.
Right idea, wrong time, poor execution, a bit unlike you to go out like you have just done there.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Nikki and Snotty will cut our defence apart. Never mind the pace of Hammersley.

We need to cut their balls off at source.

IMHO...... Of course.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:17 pm I would really like to see all the leavers dropped. However, we need to be realistic. With whom would we replace them that has experience? Four games to go in reality gives us no chance of relying on raw recruits. It's a ghastly position to be in, especially with confidence all but eroded. :smt022
Yes - a touch of realism is required. Mind you, in the event of us being 'safe' for the last game (or two), I'd happily drop all leavers - I'm quite happy to finish 11th!

Yes, definitely.