Lucky Socks?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lucky Socks?

Post by Scuttle »

Just for a bit of light relief I will share the recurring dilemma I face each time I head to Welford Road in Happy Clapper eager anticipation. The dilemma is the same every week which at least simplifies my problem which is this: which socks do I wear to ensure a Tigers win? Indeed my couture practices are so well developed now that they include a choice of home shirt or Tigers shirt, jumper or Tigers branded gilet, flat cap or Tigers bob hat; I then have the choice of going in what I used to wear when first becoming a season ticket holder, namely jeans and sports jacket... a natty look I think.

Unfortunately this season I seem to have run through all possible combinations, just like the Tigers selection policy, and have not yet found the winning formula. Yesterday I was convinced that simplifying my raiment and going back to the basics of the early days was what was needed, having realised the last time I was so attired was the Wasps game at home which we won; after leaving home however, I remenbered on that occasion I was also wearing a pair of Tigers socks, a Christmas stocking filler from my now avid ST supporter wife. Alas it was too far to return to Matlock so I just had to leave it to the team to get the win rather than rely on my socks.

Can we all please ensure we are wearing the correct clothes for the next match?
As Good As It Gets
BromsgroveTiger

Re: Lucky Socks?

Post by BromsgroveTiger »

Totally identify with this but on the journey home yesterday my wife and I realised that this seasons dire form is down to the fact that we’ve stopped eating at Pizza Express before the game due to logistical reasons.

Relax-we will be returning to P Ex (apologies to those who don’t like abbreviations) for the next game so all will be well and the glory days will return.

ps. just remembering those times when at this stage of the season our main concern was being able to a table at our favourite Twickenham restaurant before the final !!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I think you're right, what we need is a Consulting Kit Man to turn our season around! Bring some fresh ideas and experience to the selection of footwear.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My lucky socks didn’t work yesterday 😭
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Maybe it's not my socks but the food. We started eating at Herb this season rather than Kayal but we DID go back to Kayal for the Wasps game. Maybe a gastronomic rethink is needed. Or was it because I had the lamb.....?
As Good As It Gets
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I can no longer get into my lucky shirt, which is why I have put myself on a strict diet!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If I refused to wear all the clothes that I've worn when we lost this season, I don't think the 'Boys in Blue' would let me get much beyond London Road train station!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Actually my wife and I, and our friends who come to WR with us, always ask for the same table at Herb, just because we like where it is. We have just remembered it is table number 13. Time to find a new favourite table maybe !
As Good As It Gets
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:45 pm Actually my wife and I, and our friends who come to WR with us, always ask for the same table at Herb, just because we like where it is. We have just remembered it is table number 13. Time to find a new favourite table maybe !
[/

Ah well, that's it! We're going to be safe now. :smt017 :smt005