Ellis Genge

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ellis Genge

Post by WirralExile »

I may ruffle a few feathers with this, but in the last few games I really haven’t seen any reason why Ellis Genge is being picked as a starting prop. He doesn’t seem to break the gain line, he has spilled ball and there have been a few interceptions and passes to the opposition.
The “Baby Rhino” hasn’t gone any damaging runs for a number of games and apart from his clearly powerful scrum I’m not sure I’ve seen many other positives.
I’m expecting flack for this as I know he is held in high esteem by some, but at times I’ve felt that apart from his scrum, he isn’t adding much value.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
VernonAtrium

Re: Ellis Genge

Post by VernonAtrium »

Bit picky, la.
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

Don't agree personally, but even if I did, there's about another 16 (on and off field) you could criticise first
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

of the whole thing you pick one of the ones who clearly has and still doesn't give up?!?!

He does as much as Cole at a minimum, without the penalty or mistake count. He's one of the best in the forwards right now...
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

speedski wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:26 am of the whole thing you pick one of the ones who clearly has and still doesn't give up?!?!

He does as much as Cole at a minimum, without the penalty or mistake count. He's one of the best in the forwards right now...
In the latter stages of the second half Gengie and Coley won a series of scrums against a fresh Exeter pack who were penalised for once and their guts & play were immense yesterday. Yes they played too many minutes as Tigers had no strong reserves and Heyes knocked on with his first touch ! Well played Gengie & Coley it is hard on the coalface but easy for those that played in the "girls!" to criticise. :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Genge and Cole play too many minutes in my opinion.
The two bench props yesterday were out of their depth, the LH is not very mobile, and the TH is struggling with the level to combine both around the park and digging in at scrum time, he looks like he has about two scrums in him before the legs start going.
Missing Bateman and should've retained Mulipola.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Not having this at all, he's doing his best. I'd swap two thirds of our squad to keep the boy because he actually seems to care.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:00 am Genge and Cole play too many minutes in my opinion.
The two bench props yesterday were out of their depth, the LH is not very mobile, and the TH is struggling with the level to combine both around the park and digging in at scrum time, he looks like he has about two scrums in him before the legs start going.
I agree we should’ve retained Mulipola but he’s only playing well because he has cut on the kgs.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:00 am Genge and Cole play too many minutes in my opinion.
I agree we should’ve retained Mulipola but he’s only playing well because he has cut on the kgs.

This.
+1