Positives

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Positives

Post by Ian Cant »

First and foremost George Ford was immense: his line breaks, tackling and kicking was top class( yes he missed 1 penalty kick to touch but had to go for broke).
Young Kerr really showed pride in the shirt when he came on and Cole, Kerr and Genge destroyed their international front row replacements.
Guy Thomson has to start; not the biggest but quick around the park.
We scored at the end of the first half by keeping hold of the ball.
Tom Youngs throwing in was accurate and to be honest I thought, from sitting at the end it happened, he was unlucky. Exeter had played the ref well at the break down and Tom was making sure there was to be no falling on the wrong side of the ball: make no mistake what Tom did has been seen so many times in other games without even a yellow card. If it was as the ref said, “ Obvious straight red .” Why on earth did it take not one or two TMO replays but several and only in slow motion did it look bad.
Exeter use players cleverly to obstruct. We couldn’t cope.
V Newcastle Tigers have to have the right team on the pitch.
Toomua back to centre and if Worth is still out play Hardwick or Joe Ford at Full Back.
George Ford now has to be captain.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Positives

Post by Scott1 »

Newcastle and Wuss got zero points
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Positives hmm........ :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

It was better than the performance vs Saints. That is a positive.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

IMO the team played like it was their last game. I shouted like it was and will continue to, 'cos that's where we are. No player was out there as a spare part, even if they cocked up. Everyone fails. It's how you get up and try again that matters.

This situation has been years in the making - the chickens came home to roost, long ago. Ozymandias.

To the Chiefs fan adjusting his feathered head-dress in the bogs queue, apologies for asking if there's a native American rugby team who dresses like :censored:-up farmers. I am only bitter and jealous. We should both be grateful I'm not a shaven-headed, tattooed pillock.

No music at full time. Can I suggest Boys Don't Cry by The Cure on these occasions.

Tigers are our team. Ergo, we are Tigers.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

VernonAtrium wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:19 am To the Chiefs fan adjusting his feathered head-dress in the bogs queue, apologies for asking if there's a native American rugby team who dresses like :censored: farmers. I am only bitter and jealous. We should both be grateful I'm not a shaven-headed, tattooed pillock.
I love how this attempt at an apology for your obviously rude behaviour, compounds the issue by insulting people who shave their heads and have tattoos!

P.S. I don't shave my head, or have tattoos. I try not to be a judgemental pillock.....
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ford and Thompson to co-Captain?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 am Ford and Thompson to co-Captain?
+1 :smt023
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

The main positive is that we changed our game plan - we didn't kick to their back three (like we did against Saints) and showed that, with patience and proper quick clear out, we can play out of our 22.

Ford was absolute class and is, for me, the shining.light from our season.

Cole and Genge were what you'd expect - worked hard and put in huge shifts.

On the flip side, I was left uber frustrated by Jordan O - he's allegedly quick and the 2/3 occasions when he had a chance to pin his ears back and try and skin the defender he checked and gave them ample time to tackle him. Also, our full back yesterday was a revolving door and for me, should never play for us again. Yes he was out of position but he's an international and a good one at that. Missing basic 1 on 1 tackles with the touchline as the extra defender was inexcusable.

All in all though, there is hope!
GeoffNeil

Post by GeoffNeil »

The only positive thing is that I know (If I didn't before) how far this once great club has slipped. Yes we showed fight, in the first half anyway, but how can anyone take any positives by having 50+ points put on the team at home out of an international window.

I left after the 50th point was scored (My money my choice) and spent the journey home wondering whether to renew my season ticket, I will, but not until the club announces who will be at the club for next season. Not going to renew in blind hope, need some comfort that next year will be different and I have not got that. Of course it is more than possible the team will be in the Championship and after watching Bath and Bristol and Harlequins over the week end cannot see any win there, so for me Newcastle is a must win.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

GeoffNeil wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:45 am I left after the 50th point was scored (My money my choice) and spent the journey home wondering whether to renew my season ticket, I will, but not until the club announces who will be at the club for next season. Not going to renew in blind hope, need some comfort that next year will be different and I have not got that.

A very honest post, I fear the Tigers BOD will not act to address the issues you raise because they remain in total denial about the reality of the dire straits they have engineered. Peter Tom on RL pre match basically said we had great players and the only issue was "Mentality". Therein lies the biggest problem of all.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And I hope him saying there is no contingency plans for relegation is just positive talk because the board couldn't be that stupid surely?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I was at a wedding and missed the game, so at least i didn't have to watch. An extremely nerve wracking trip to Newcastle will be my penance.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mentality is a huge issue but the board won’t get a sports psychiatrist will they?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Another positive would have been me not storming on to the pitch and given the ref a good’un.