Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:24 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm 52 points conceded at Welford Road, so much for dry weather rugby. :smt009
The red card was deserved and that player has been at risk of it for a while in my opinion.
the player was falling yes, he was also rolling away from the breakdown, it was a totally needless action, just plain dumb
The technicalities of the incident aside, I agree with you, why even bother to hit a tackler who is rolling away!
It's just another Leicester player on the floor and out of the game, pointless stuff, and dangerous!
Atkins made sure he fell back towards the Tigers side before starting to roll away. I presume Youngs saw him landing on the wrong side and made the decided to go steaming in. Player starts to roll away (novelty for Chiefs) and Tom misjudges the clear out and connects with the head. Clear red card. I find it hard to be too critical because too often we're soft at the breakdown and if they are going to fall on the wrong side then they should be smashed just to set a precedent.

It was pretty much standard of our second half display, trying to do the right thing but making a mess of it. There were some positives from the first half but the second half was just a disaster.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

52 points conceded at WR....... :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:08 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:04 pm
rich1576 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:03 pm Wow what an amazing impact Mike Ford has made
Beat me to it. You can't make silk purse out of a sow's ear.
he could get Murphy to stop selecting players like Kitchener and Williams that are playing poorly week after week
+1 :smt023 IMO two wasted shirts on the pitch!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:24 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm

the player was falling yes, he was also rolling away from the breakdown, it was a totally needless action, just plain dumb
The technicalities of the incident aside, I agree with you, why even bother to hit a tackler who is rolling away!
It's just another Leicester player on the floor and out of the game, pointless stuff, and dangerous!
Atkins made sure he fell back towards the Tigers side before starting to roll away. I presume Youngs saw him landing on the wrong side and made the decided to go steaming in. Player starts to roll away (novelty for Chiefs) and Tom misjudges the clear out and connects with the head. Clear red card. I find it hard to be too critical because too often we're soft at the breakdown and if they are going to fall on the wrong side then they should be smashed just to set a precedent.

It was pretty much standard of our second half display, trying to do the right thing but making a mess of it. There were some positives from the first half but the second half was just a disaster.
The basic laws of human stupidity!
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:53 pm Let's hope we don't go down by a point because I reckon we would've got a TBP today most likely! Let's hope TY is banned for the rest of the season too!
I agree. The red card could be a blessing in disguise. The team on the field is rudderless, and and it's been like that for some time. That's what's causing causing most of the problems. Give the captaincy to George Ford. He's got to be the first name on the team sheet, he's setting an example, and he's controlling the play, and showing som innovation. . That in itself could of made a difference today, it's those players close to him that are the problem. They're not up tp speed, physically, but mainly, mentally.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Besides the results I saw some positives,scrum was dominant,lineout defence was tremendous and we looked dangerous at times. Our errors were poor though and then we were chasing the game. Toomua experiment worked and Ford bar one error and a couple of dodgy decisions was superb again ,roll on Brizzle! My daughter loved it and glad to be back in the Goldsmith much better watching a rugby match behind the goal than in the Caterpillar.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 pm Toomua experiment worked and Ford bar one error and a couple of dodgy decisions was superb again
Toomua threw some dodgy passes that let them in for, I believe, two tries he also missed at least one if not two try saving tackles!
Ford was immense, and should be captain!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

My wife came to the game with me today, after the first try our team were huddled behind the sticks and GF was doing a lot of talking. My wife asked why GF wasn’t captain, I couldn’t give her an answer.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I liked Matt joining the line late with his passing range,he assisted two didn't he? 1 pass one kick
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

fentiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 pm Toomua experiment worked and Ford bar one error and a couple of dodgy decisions was superb again
Toomua threw some dodgy passes that let them in for, I believe, two tries he also missed at least one if not two try saving tackles!
Definitely 2 try saving tackles missed, Harrison having a proper go behind the posts after the second. Almost as peed off as May when Jordan O butchered that try.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jordan definitely needs to get rid of that junior rugby white line fever and get his head up,butchered two tries for me
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Eastmond was garbage too,don't take this the wrong way but let's hope it's a season ending injury. So wasteful!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm Jordan definitely needs to get rid of that junior rugby white line fever and get his head up,butchered two tries for me
I'd agree with that absolutely. Not ready.
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:13 pm Eastmond was garbage too,don't take this the wrong way but let's hope it's a season ending injury. So wasteful!
Even understanding where you're coming from and agreeing to an extent about performance I cannot agree with wishing injury on any player. Get your drift though....kinda.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm not wishing the injury ,never would. I mean if it is one I hope it's a four game one then he's moonwalking around Welford Road straight after the Bath game celebrating another season in the GP!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Agree. If it wasn't for injury issues i'd say leave Toomua out - head not in it.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.