Tigers v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

The manu spat showed some real heart and fight. Really didn’t mind it. Showed a willingness to get stuck in. Thompson strikes me as a simular player along with May. That edge and agression is badly missing. Need more of that or we are off to Rotherham next season.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Just what did Tom Youngs think he was doing? He should most certainly be stripped of the captaincy Where is the discipline a captain needs.

I am pleased that Kerr must be playing next week, as he deserves his place.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm Just what did Tom Youngs think he was doing? He should most certainly be stripped of the captaincy Where is the discipline a captain needs.

In Young’s defence the player was falling and he hit him at bad angle. Yes it was dumb but I don’t think he actually meant it. He will get a good 3 game ban i feel. Will admit the offence. Good character and a 5 game ban reduced.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

52 points conceded at Welford Road, so much for dry weather rugby. :smt009
The red card was deserved and that player has been at risk of it for a while in my opinion.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:23 pm Bye bye everybody ....... bye bye
Except George Ford, I hope you mean. He (along with Jonny May*) should be exempt from the well-justified criticism of pretty much the entire senior squad.

*possibly Ellis Genge, too - although even he lost the plot today...
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

I guess it make the Newcastle game a must must win game. Loser goes down. I think we will turn them over and Bristol and Bath. Some positives from the game...except the score line, defence at times and lack of passion at times!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm 52 points conceded at Welford Road, so much for dry weather rugby. :smt009
The red card was deserved and that player has been at risk of it for a while in my opinion.
the player was falling yes, he was also rolling away from the breakdown, it was a totally needless action, just plain dumb
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm Just what did Tom Youngs think he was doing? He should most certainly be stripped of the captaincy Where is the discipline a captain needs.

In Young’s defence the player was falling and he hit him at bad angle. Yes it was dumb but I don’t think he actually meant it. He will get a good 3 game ban i feel. Will admit the offence. Good character and a 5 game ban reduced.
The Exeter player looked to be rolling away from the breakdown, stupid by Tom Youngs and probably cost Tigers a try bonus point.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the commentator (Ben possibly) said Yonngs was committed to it. It was dumb and I am not defending him, but the player rolling away made it look worse.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Not only are Tigers getting hammered at home they can't even put up a decent fight, many of the games are effectively over after 20/25 minutes. Noticed many players were smiling and joking afterwards, well they are the ones that are a joke. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm I think the commentator (Ben possibly) said Yonngs was committed to it. It was dumb and I am not defending him, but the player rolling away made it look worse.

He was probably shocked that an Exeter player rolled away.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm 52 points conceded at Welford Road, so much for dry weather rugby. :smt009
the player was falling yes, he was also rolling away from the breakdown, it was a totally needless action, just plain dumb
The technicalities of the incident aside, I agree with you, why even bother to hit a tackler who is rolling away!
It's just another Leicester player on the floor and out of the game, pointless stuff, and dangerous!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:18 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm I think the commentator (Ben possibly) said Yonngs was committed to it. It was dumb and I am not defending him, but the player rolling away made it look worse.
[/quote

He was probably shocked that an Exeter player rolled away.....
:smt003 very good and so utterly true.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

parvacat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:35 pm Just put a tenner on Tigers to be relegated at 8/1. Got a good price for Red Rum in the National too! The bookie was a smashing bloke :smt003
Don't think I'll get such a good price after today's dross.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

chris111 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:05 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:23 pm Bye bye everybody ....... bye bye
Except George Ford, I hope you mean. He (along with Jonny May*) should be exempt from the well-justified criticism of pretty much the entire senior squad.

*possibly Ellis Genge, too - although even he lost the plot today...
Don't you remember Harry Corbett at the end of the sooty show. Pie on face and absolutely abject?

I can't add to anything I've already said about the team's performances of late. Just support........how does it go? Starts with denial and ends up with acceptance.......I suppose I'm in a new category of supporter.......the apathetic clapper!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"