Tigers v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by Robespierre »

Wish I could be there on the terrace, so if you're going, cheer 'em on for me!

Just an afterthought - do you think Peter Tom could nip down to Toulouse and pick me up? If he's going to the game, of course!
Semper in excretia
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Just put a tenner on Tigers to be relegated at 8/1. Got a good price for Red Rum in the National too! The bookie was a smashing bloke :smt003
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

parvacat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:35 pm Just put a tenner on Tigers to be relegated at 8/1. Got a good price for Red Rum in the National too! The bookie was a smashing bloke :smt003
:smt005
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Toomua at FB?! Williams at 7?! Mmmmmmm...
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

No Wells to add to Ben Youngs,Dento, Thomo, Smith, TV, Bateman: and the finishing power of Jonah Holmes is a serious blow.
Lots of my friends who are City supporters cannot understand how we never seem to have a fit team out! I must admit, having watched most games that are on TV( except Tigers because we are there), it is frustrating to see other teams with almost full strength squads: even if they have seemed to pick up long term injuries those players recover.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chiefs by turning up. Still I'll try and enjoy the day,Sarries have fielded a strong team,let's just hope they can restrict Newcastle to zero points so they don't gain anything on us.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:47 pm Toomua at FB?! Williams at 7?! Mmmmmmm...
Sad that Guy Thompson is on the bench
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:53 pm No Wells to add to Ben Youngs,Dento, Thomo, Smith, TV, Bateman: and the finishing power of Jonah Holmes is a serious blow.
Lots of my friends who are City supporters cannot understand how we never seem to have a fit team out! I must admit, having watched most games that are on TV( except Tigers because we are there), it is frustrating to see other teams with almost full strength squads: even if they have seemed to pick up long term injuries those players recover.
Perhaps we don't stuff them full of painkillers, and pay attention to protocols.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Question is can this teams score over 30 points tomorrow? I can't see it sadly
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I cannot understand why Thompson is on the bench. :smt017 :smt017
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Bath vs Bristol
Saracens vs Newcastle
Wasps vs Worcester
Tigers vs Exeter

Already praying for 4 home wins!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dangerous4 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:53 pm I cannot understand why Thompson is on the bench. :smt017 :smt017
With Chiefs playing such a multi phase game perhaps the idea is to bring on some pace a bit later when they tire 😂😂
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm going for
Brizzle 1 point
Newcastle 0
Wuss 2
Tigers 0
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

With our team selection, from the fit players available, we can do no more, so lets hope those with big names have big games, we might just get something out of this. :smt038 I like Toomua at FB, he has to be in the side. As to Guy Thompson, it just has to be rotation I assume, although Brendon rarely lasts a full game so we could see Guy soon, so its is the best way to start! Come on Tigers give us something to cheer us up and take away this dreadful fear we have as to what the unmentionable could bring. :smt001
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:25 pm With our team selection, from the fit players available, we can do no more, so lets hope those with big names have big games, we might just get something out of this. :smt038 I like Toomua at FB, he has to be in the side. As to Guy Thompson, it just has to be rotation I assume, although Brendon rarely lasts a full game so we could see Guy soon, so its is the best way to start! Come on Tigers give us something to cheer us up and take away this dreadful fear we have as to what the unmentionable could bring. :smt001
Toomua at 15 was hinted at by GM a few weeks ago in an interview, so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes.

I think Thompson is unlucky, but I can see why he’s gone with the bulk of Williams and Fitz. O’Connor at 8 is tried and tested too.