Youngs
Ford
May
Toomua
Tuilagi
Holmes
Worth

Bateman,Kerr,Heyes, Kitchener, Williams,Harrison, Hardwick,Olowefella

I was expecting a win or at least to be competitive against Saints but am expecting an absolute drubbing here so at least I can just enjoy the day out! Tickets booked,back in the Goldsmith.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by Dangerous4 »

It will take nothing short of a miracle to win this game!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Don’t think you’ll be far off Scott.

For me Oconner just isn’t the player he was and therefore I would give Evans a run, or maybe try Fitzgerald at 8 and move Thompson back to openside.

Back line picks itself if fit. Toomua at least showed some urgency when he came on.

Happy clapper hat on, both Exeter and Tigers have a week off and a break isn’t always a good thing.
Chiefs pose a completely different threat to Saints, they don’t attack much from their own half.
With the way the premiership has gone this season you just don’t know
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm holding on to that crumb Mark. Our multiphase defence has actually been very good at times and bar Santi Chiefs don't really cut teams open. We need to get an early score though to make things interesting.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:29 pm I'm holding on to that crumb Mark. Our multiphase defence has actually been very good at times and bar Santi Chiefs don't really cut teams open. We need to get an early score though to make things interesting.
Again I agree with you. Confidence is a fickle master an early score could make all the difference.
Last night was shocking but we were playing with a lot of momentum, but then Barnes made that shocking decision with the knock on and three phases later they had scored. Interesting he tried to level it up with an obvious falcon a little later
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Pretty good prediction there to be fair - although I can't make my mind up about toomua at the moment - looks quite disinterested again. Chiefs are just too patient for us to handle - we'll end up taking risks which will cost us dear. Lets face it Carley, JPD or Barnes won't help our cause (getting that excuse in already :smt002 )

I'm on a 3 flight, 22hr journey overnight to get back in time for this fixture - so I'll only be half with it by the time 1630 comes round - maybe this might help make it a bit more bearable :smt005
Last edited by speedski on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

speedski wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:40 pm Pretty good prediction there to be fair - although I can't make my mind up about toomua at the moment - looks quite disinterested again.

I'm on a 3 flight, 22hr journey overnight to get back in time for this fixture - so I'll only be half with it by the time 1630 comes round - maybe this might help make it a bit more bearable :smt005
Thought he did well last night after he came on
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:41 pm
speedski wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:40 pm Pretty good prediction there to be fair - although I can't make my mind up about toomua at the moment - looks quite disinterested again.

He wasn't bad, but he wasn't as good as he should be - he nearly didn't last two plays last night!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

speedski wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:42 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:41 pm

He wasn't bad, but he wasn't as good as he should be - he nearly didn't last two plays last night!
Hardly his fault that he turned an ankle
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

For the first time I'm going to stay behind after the game,my daughter loved her first game v Saints and wants to go in and see the band after, Rock bottom. Any good? And is anyone gonna be in there and fancy having a beer?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Bateman won't be there - he's out for the season and I suspect Holmes won't be there too - BY must be a doubt as well otherwise it's ok

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... rs-2713156
Hehehehehehehehe
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:13 pm It will take nothing short of a miracle to win this game!
Or even get close.....please, please, please make me eat my words
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

For me, the Exeter and Newcastle games hold the key. Two wins and we will be flying. One win, obviously against Newcastle, is paramount. Two defeats, then our goose is well and truly cooked!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:02 pm For me, the Exeter and Newcastle games hold the key. Two wins and we will be flying. One win, obviously against Newcastle, is paramount. Two defeats, then our goose is well and truly cooked!
Why Exeter? I won't be worried if we lose to the best team currently in England.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Winning against the league leaders will be a massive confidence booster, I’d like to see a 7/8 combo of Thompson and Evans. Unfortunately I’m unable to attend as I’m on tour this weekend but will pray in hope of a good performance. Players will want to perform in front of Ford Snr, if anything else, so I can see us winning.

1 Genge
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Wells
6 Williams
7 Evans
8 Thompson
9 White
10 Ford
11 May
12 Toomua