Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: next manager

Post by Robespierre »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:50 am
POSTIGER wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 am I'd be all for bringing Ford in. Sadly the appointment of GM has panned out exactly as everyone thought it would.....everyone bar our BOD that is, whose response to 8 straight losses was to give him the gig on a permanent basis. He's an ex-Tiger so that equals success, right?

One thing Ford can't change in the remaining games is the lack of fitness and conditioning. Players are going to be starting matches half-cooked as they have all season. It's too late to change that significantly now.
"Everyone thought it would"- No they didn't.
I imagine that the vast majority would have had their doubts as to whether Murphy had what it takes to drag the club back to where it should be.
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:30 am
ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:50 am
POSTIGER wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 am I'd be all for bringing Ford in. Sadly the appointment of GM has panned out exactly as everyone thought it would.....everyone bar our BOD that is, whose response to 8 straight losses was to give him the gig on a permanent basis. He's an ex-Tiger so that equals success, right?

One thing Ford can't change in the remaining games is the lack of fitness and conditioning. Players are going to be starting matches half-cooked as they have all season. It's too late to change that significantly now.
"Everyone thought it would"- No they didn't.
I imagine that the vast majority would have had their doubts as to whether Murphy had what it takes to drag the club back to where it should be.
So not everyone then. Also, when we announced Murphy, there were more positive comments and more people pleased that negative comments and unhappy people.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Reported on facebook tiger group that Mike Ford and Geordan were in the local hero together studying over a laptop for some time yesterday and then left together - read into that what you will
Hehehehehehehehe
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:52 am Reported on facebook tiger group that Mike Ford and Geordan were in the local hero together studying over a laptop for some time yesterday and then left together - read into that what you will
No doubt they were putting the world to rights over a few pints of Speckled Hen!!
Semper in excretia
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:52 am Reported on facebook tiger group that Mike Ford and Geordan were in the local hero together studying over a laptop for some time yesterday and then left together - read into that what you will
We need all the help we can get.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 am So not everyone then. Also, when we announced Murphy, there were more positive comments and more people pleased that negative comments and unhappy people.
I think you're mixing up positive with hopeful. Most people were hopeful that GM would turn it around, but most people also noted that he hadn't exactly shown much during the previous 4 seasons as a coach.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'm confused as to why people want a DOR. It takes away from the plan that Murphy has in place.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:39 pm I'm confused as to why people want a DOR. It takes away from the plan that Murphy has in place.
It's somewhat reassuring to believe that Murphy has a plan, although there's little evidence of one at the moment.
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:55 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:39 pm I'm confused as to why people want a DOR. It takes away from the plan that Murphy has in place.
It's somewhat reassuring to believe that Murphy has a plan, although there's little evidence of one at the moment.
Wait until the signings are announced and our performances over the next few seasons.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:03 pm
Wait until the signings are announced and our performances over the next few seasons.
Long term plans are all well and good but let's hope that his short term plan of survival is going to work.
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:06 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Long term plans are all well and good but let's hope that his short term plan of survival is going to work.
It will
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Sounds like Mike Ford is in a Consultation mode. Best make it an appointment and pay him a wage until his contracts elsewhere.

I like the Local Hero - and love the Surf n Turf combo with a couple or two pints.
I'd need more than that to get Tigers out of crisis :smt023 :smt030
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

I think a lot of supporters wouldn't turn their noses up at a DOR who kept tigers in the top half of the premiership.
I also think that recent comments suggest that supporters wouldn't turn their noses up either, at an experienced coach, acting in a consultancy role, giving GM a bit of a leg up. The next few games should be a bigger worry than a long term plan, which could go pear shaped in a few weeks. Getting Ford formally on board, albeit short term could be the answer. The other alternative is do nothing and let fate take its course.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

There is no question at all in the fact that G.M. needs all the help he can get. NOW! :smt018 :smt018

For God's sake BOD. Don't just sit there and watch us go down the pan!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Dangerous4 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:13 pm There is no question at all in the fact that G.M. needs all the help he can get. NOW! :smt018 :smt018

For God's sake BOD. Don't just sit there and watch us go down the pan!
Absobleedinlootly!! The sooner Mike Ford's on board the better!!
Semper in excretia