Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Cockerill - blame the hierarchy

Post by strawclearer »

Cocker blasts those at the top.....

"The people that run the place need to make decisions and find a way out of the cul-de-sac, but there is too much self-interest in the club at the moment."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... lture.html
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockerill - blame the hierarchy

Post by ourla »

I have to agree that there is a lack of responsibility. Just one example: Cohen disagreed with the appointment of MOC. Fine it wasn't his decision. So whose was it? Cohen is responsible for the business side, so who is ultimately responsible for the playing side?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

We all know it but of course the BoD have sloping shoulders. Doomed until there is radical change at the very top.
I'm not cynical just experienced
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well said R.C. -
The silence is deafening.............
tripeandonions
Tiger Cub

Post by tripeandonions »

The powers that-be could begin by losing their suits and ties, their personal offices, and come down to ground level. Sit at desks in the ticket office and take phone calls from supporters, especially ones cancelling their season tickets.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

ourla wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 am I have to agree that there is a lack of responsibility. Just one example: Cohen disagreed with the appointment of MOC. Fine it wasn't his decision. So whose was it? Cohen is responsible for the business side, so who is ultimately responsible for the playing side?
Peter Tom.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

TTRITH wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:06 am
ourla wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 am I have to agree that there is a lack of responsibility. Just one example: Cohen disagreed with the appointment of MOC. Fine it wasn't his decision. So whose was it? Cohen is responsible for the business side, so who is ultimately responsible for the playing side?
Peter Tom.
I don't recall hearing any statements or interviews from him. Which I guess might be the problem.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

I would be nice to know the personel and the process involved in getting rid of RC and appointing MOC.

There seems to be a total lack of accountabilty at the top of the club, that is not to say there is no ability or commitment just a lack of accountability and focus!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Say what you like about the man but you can always trust Cockers to cut right to the heart of the matter. In my industry if a management group had taken an asset like this club and dumped it into a skip this badly they'd be thumbing lifts to the job center.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Those responsible for the playing side - NOT Cohen, as he isn't - should go. It was them that sacked Cockers, and I invite you all to consider the timing of accession to the BoD and role of BK.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 pm Those responsible for the playing side - NOT Cohen, as he isn't - should go. It was them that sacked Cockers, and I invite you all to consider the timing of accession to the BoD and role of BK.
+1
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

BFG wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:36 pm
jgriffin wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 pm Those responsible for the playing side - NOT Cohen, as he isn't - should go. It was them that sacked Cockers, and I invite you all to consider the timing of accession to the BoD and role of BK.
+1
Sense? Reason? It'll never catch on!

+1 regardless of popularity
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BFG wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:36 pm
+1
Ben Kay in my opinion is not a fit person to be a non executive director on the Rugby Board at Leicester Tigers. Furthermore, he has the temerity to discuss and pass commentary on BT Sport upon our match performances, as if what takes place on the pitch has didly squat to do with him when the opposite is true, it has everything to do with him!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

So Ben Kay is the new "aunt sally"? Give it a rest. How ridiculous. There is a board of executive directors running the club
Non executive directors have a very small input in any BOD. (I have been one).
It's alright having an opinion on club matters but if you don't know the full facts, (and you don't), for heaven's sake keep it to yourself.
A life long Tiger
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Smudge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:44 pm So Ben Kay is the new "aunt sally"? Give it a rest. How ridiculous. There is a board of executive directors running the club
Non executive directors have a very small input in any BOD. (I have been one).
It's alright having an opinion on club matters but if you don't know the full facts, (and you don't), for heaven's sake keep it to yourself.
I shall continue to express my opinion which I caveated as such. For your information this forum exists to enable supporters to express an opinion, even if, god forbid, you do not like it. Thank you
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity