Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by Tigerbeat »

We are where we are and need to dig deep to get some results. Red / Yellow Cards have hurt in the Wasps (A), Bristol (A) and tonights game. The hand we were dealt was MOCs doing and it cannot be miraculaously be changed.
How we get back on track is difficult given the confidence levels. Need to see this season out and target Premiership survival and rebuild for next season.
Expect to see a number of players moving on and some new blood injected into the team. Whilst Murphy has been in charge, opportunities have been given to the up and coming and some have grasped it with both hands.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I was speaking to some nice fellas on the train journey home last night who were completely in agreement with my 3 main points.
1) we all could see this coming so why couldn't our board? This isn't an overnight thing this is a gradual but steep regression that started years ago,these are men supposed to be elite in their profession. Someone or everyone has to be held accountable
2) they all agreed with the inbreeding whether it be returning players or coaches and sadly admitted the Tigers way is done,fresh impetus is needed.
3) the reappointment of MoC killed us and was the turning point. That was the perfect opportunity to get an Ackermann or a Boyd or a Van Graan of a Dean's etc. Either the board or player power of you believe that prevented this from happening and we are now paying badly.
These were not young kids in the heat of the moment,they were multi year ST holders and only one out of the 7 thought we wouldn't get relegated and none were confident anything would change next season if we happened to stay up
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TB we would've lost all these games without the cards! They didn't help but let's not use those as a copout please
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:06 am TB we would've lost all these games without the cards! They didn't help but let's not use those as a copout please
Not sure that we would have lost the Wasps game
www.matthampson.co.uk
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm Harrison our only good player tonight,superb!
Really?! What's this fascination with Harrison?

He wasn't very good tonight at all.
Totally agree - watched the game again when I got home to see the commentary perspective - Harrison was blowing like billy oh within 5 minutes. Im not convinced he should have been on the pitch after the kick to the head - at least if you have a shred of doubt give the youngsters a go and bench him just for the in case need.

Must admit, looking back through again Genge was very angry and I would be very surprised to see him stick with this absolute cluster of mismanagement from the board,.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He was blowing because he made 15,yes 15 tackles ,and he's a SH!! Not to mention the slowing down of ball he did at the BD,he was our glue at times and our forwards should take a good look at him,very good imo.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:03 am We are where we are and need to dig deep to get some results. Red / Yellow Cards have hurt in the Wasps (A), Bristol (A) and tonights game. The hand we were dealt was MOCs doing and it cannot be miraculaously be changed.
How we get back on track is difficult given the confidence levels. Need to see this season out and target Premiership survival and rebuild for next season.
Expect to see a number of players moving on and some new blood injected into the team. Whilst Murphy has been in charge, opportunities have been given to the up and coming and some have grasped it with both hands.
Agreed.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So apart from trying some youngsters what makes you think Murphy will succeed because that's not enough for me in afraid!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:34 am So apart from trying some youngsters what makes you think Murphy will succeed because that's not enough for me in afraid!
Give Murphy a chance to work with the players that he wants rather than the ones he has been left with.
www.matthampson.co.uk
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

The one bloke who made a difference when he came in was white. Ruck clearance, speed and accuracy of pass gave Ford more time to make the plays and gave the attack continuity.
For me up until that point Jordan Olefella was just about our best player. This tells me that the youth policy is the only way out of this catastrophe. The lack of a youth policy is was what got us here and it’s reinstment is it’s only way forward. White should have stated and simmonds should have been in the bench. Yes I agree Harrison gave his all but he simply isn’t good enough. I think that should be his last serious game in a Tigers shirt. Likewise Wells must play instead of Kitchener and Heyes must come on a lot earlier in a match.
I fear we are at the start of a 5 year programme back to the top but only if it is managed correctly
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

tripeandonions wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:52 am If this was soccer ball, you'd be half expecting the club to bring in someone like Sam Allerdyce or Harry Redknapp to shore things up and try to avoid "the drop". I can see where things could be going next at Welford Road, just to finish off the job....
I’d say Sam Allerdyce or Harry Redknapp could not do any worse than the current coaching squad!
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am He was blowing because he made 15,yes 15 tackles ,and he's a SH!! Not to mention the slowing down of ball he did at the BD,he was our glue at times and our forwards should take a good look at him,very good imo.
Not 15 tackles. I mean a professional sportsman made 15 tackles in a rugby match? Geeez give him a month off.

Its his job. He was slow, he kept stalling the ball at the back of the rucks - he wan't good enough. Period.

White turned up the heat when he was on, shame it wasn't done at least at half time.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Genge making it clear the ref and the manager aren't the issue...

https://www.facebook.com/leicestertiger ... 569887364/
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm not convinced TB,will the starting XV be that much different? I'd say 3 players max lock,back row and IC. Murphy has produced nothing with our best XV out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's his job to outtackle all 8 forwards and compete at the BD? Really?! And you don't believe that the game was over late on either? Come on! It's like a NZ game where they blow teams away and then take their foot off the gas and teams score a couple of late tries while trying to claim a moral victory