What do you want on match day?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: What do you want on match day?

Post by fleabane »

A wedding on the pitch at half time in the Saints match? :censored:!

Whose bright (insanely irrelevant) idea is that? Chris?
Valhalla I am coming!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

This is just ridiculous - a wedding at half time is bad enough but...

Before kick off the pitch had two full flag shakers, guard of honour, flames, fireworks, guitar, bangra drums and more, it was an absolute cluster of mediocrity.

The guitar was good, but we dont need flames, we dont need fireworks, we dont need drums - keep it traditional not trashy.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

fleabane wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 pm A wedding on the pitch at half time in the Saints match? :censored:!

Whose bright (insanely irrelevant) idea is that? Chris?
Yes I expect Your Chris has now organised a funeral for half time at the Bath game.
With flame throwers, fireworks & people in shrouds for the wake to the Championship.
Rather than give us supporters lanyards they must give the team Alarm Clocks :smt013
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

A funeral would be more appropriate than a wedding!

Maybe the half time "entertainment" is meant to detract from the on pitch drivel?
Valhalla I am coming!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

The wedding hit a new low. Just like the team's performance
RothleyTiger56

Post by RothleyTiger56 »

I don’t want to witness a wedding on the pitch.
Are Tigers so desperate for cash they permit a tacky funfair side show to take place on the pitch at half time? By all means go ahead in one of the hospitality suites.
With respect to the young couple and their family/friends, such a spectacle also demeans the “institution “ of marriage.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

RothleyTiger56 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:45 am I don’t want to witness a wedding on the pitch.
Are Tigers so desperate for cash they permit a tacky funfair side show to take place on the pitch at half time? By all means go ahead in one of the hospitality suites.
With respect to the young couple and their family/friends, such a spectacle also demeans the “institution “ of marriage.
Totally agree. The focus of the day should be rugby and such nonsense also detracted from what was actually a serious event for both teams. There was so much going on during half time on the pitch we didn't know where to look. Unbelievably crass.
As Good As It Gets
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I think yesterday we saw everything we don't want on matchday, whole experience went against what we are asking. Even Elvis had lost his wig. :smt013
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

A full stadium 26000. Don't think this will happen for a while! :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Some points.
Nostradamus

Post by Nostradamus »

Just returned from holiday in Australia so fortunately missed the wedding. I did go to watch Tigers (Richmond) beat the Blues (Cartlon) in an Aussie Rules league game. It was a local derby played at Melbourne Cricket Ground, the crowd was 85,016 and Tigers won 97-64. At half-time the pitch was covered with youth teams playing each other, the crowd was well happy and imagine how those youngsters felt in front of that crowd. This used to happen at Welford Road, lets get it back. It might not generate any money but it might inspire some future Tigers.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:47 am I like the Bangra drummers.
Me too.
But with regard to the OP, just winning would do.Tumbleweeds would be better than another wedding.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:02 am
RothleyTiger56 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:45 am I don’t want to witness a wedding on the pitch.
Totally agree. The focus of the day should be rugby and such nonsense also detracted from what was actually a serious event for both teams. There was so much going on during half time on the pitch we didn't know where to look. Unbelievably crass.
Or are you just annoyed that you didn't get to catch the bouquet!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

BFG wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:42 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:02 am
Or are you just annoyed that you didn't get to catch the bouquet!
How very incisive of you 😊
As Good As It Gets
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

The last thing we need now is gimmicks ,methinks.