Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by Scott1 »

I loathe to blame officials as you know and we wouldve lost anyway but Barnes was dreadful,very poor!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

As galling as it is credit where it's due I thought Saints played well, split the pitch well and moved Leicester around with lots of energy until the game was won, really high workrates and dangerous runners and they seemed to make metres for fun in the first half, and their youngsters were far superior threats to Leicester's.
Hill gave Genge a good game, two of the best younger props in the league in my opinion.
I've no idea what is going on at Leicester, to be losing a player with energy such as Evans this week and then told by Cohen that headless chickens like White are important is just baffling, I've given up bothering to try to understand it!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 pm I've no idea what is going on at Leicester, to be losing a player with energy such as Evans this week and then told by Cohen that headless chickens like White are important is just baffling, I've given up bothering to try to understand it!
I guess you (and most other supporters) are looking at the here and now. I genuinely believe Cohen is looking at the 2-3 year forecast.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Another 2-3 years?! Cohen would've buried the club by then!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 pm Cockers helped put us in this mess.
Him and Cohen.
50% disagreement. The BoD 100%
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:03 pm Another 2-3 years?! Cohen would've buried the club by then!
Why Cohen and not Tom? Not Scott! Not Kay? Is it the surname?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He was the no stone left unturned scoured the world guy so I hold him accountable!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cask ale in the ABC had an aftertaste.
Pies ran out at half-time.
Train was very crowded - had to stand.

Apart from that - England guys (bar GF) looked knackered; rest of the team looked knackered; Barnes should be knackered.

All in all, most dispiriting.

That's all I have to say about that.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tigers1213

Post by Tigers1213 »

GED GLYNN is the man to blame for all of this. The man is a bullet dogger. How many lives has he got?!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

The whole game plan today was woeful and amateurish, Ford couldn't find the gaps and the forwards were bullied by their opposite players. Sadly this game sums up the season..... Can't wait for it to end.
Relegation...... Could happen.
Can I see us winning another game this season.. Probably not.
TBH. I've calmed down since the match, so angry it was worrying.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm Harrison our only good player tonight,superb!
Really?! What's this fascination with Harrison?

He wasn't very good tonight at all.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm Harrison our only good player tonight,superb!
Really?! What's this fascination with Harrison?

He wasn't very good tonight at all.
Let's be honest, most of the players were off the pace, lacked urgency and had no idea what to do with the ball.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He put his body on the line and gave it his all,as did Guy Thompson and Ford played well,the rest largely pathetic! And a truly abysmal captaincy from TY as well as two assists to the wrong team I believe,did he question Barnes abject decisions even once? Two completely dumb errors by Cole and Williams too and our MF was cut open time and time again! Spin please Ellis?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:39 pm He put his body on the line and gave it his all,as did Guy Thompson and Ford played well,the rest largely pathetic! And a truly abysmal captaincy from TY as well as two assists to the wrong team I believe,did he question Barnes abject decisions even once? Two completely dumb errors by Cole and Williams too and our MF was cut open time and time again! Spin please Ellis?
Tom Youngs spoke to Barnes a couple of times. However, it makes no difference, it won't change the refs mind!

You talk about Harrison putting his body on the line, Youngs does this week in, week out.

Oh and by the way, tonight we were pathetic. We made a poor Saints side look good, we missed way too many tackles and god knows why we continue with that awful drift defence.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just tonight? This is what ,Murphy's 13/14 loss now already?