Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by POSTIGER »

Whatever Edwards wants, give him it. Exactly the kind of character and calibre we need.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
milesanderson
Tiger Cub

Post by milesanderson »

Ali Hepher . He's done a great job at Exeter.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Last 5 games George Ford must play at 4,5, 6, 7 & 8 all at once!!! He was and is the only bloke who knows how to go forward
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I’ve been watching and supporting the Tigers for about forty five years and this team is easily the worst coached side I have seen. Is there no one at the club with the balls to do something about it?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Missed a trick with not getting Vesty.

Guess if Tigers had sacked MOC after Sale like they were going to originally we might've gotten Gustard and Vesty.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

See this is what you get when one coach is world class and the other has just been given the job because he's played for the club before! Harsh but true!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Thomas wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:02 pm I’ve been watching and supporting the Tigers for about forty five years and this team is easily the worst coached side I have seen. Is there no one at the club with the balls to do something about it?
No apparently?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

On the train now, miserable! My daughter lived it though she wants to go to the Chiefs game :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 pm See this is what you get when one coach is world class and the other has just been given the job because he's played for the club before! Harsh but true!
We all know it, the BoD know it - it is just continual denial.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Everytime I think about the "scoured the world,no stone left unturned" spiel I get so angry! That was the sequence of events there that crushed us.
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 pm See this is what you get when one coach is world class and the other has just been given the job because he's played for the club before! Harsh but true!
So obvious. At the level to which Tigers aspire, nous and experience is what's needed. It's not only lacking now, but there's not even a vision of it on the horizon. Nobody's mentioned Mike Ford. I've noted opposition to him on here in the past. He has had success, he's got a pretty good CV, certainly better than the present incumbent, and he couldn't do a worse job. He seems to attend most games, and isn't he unemployed until next year. Perhaps a temporary consultancy role, because GM is floundering, along with rest of the players.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Congratulations to Saints. We were awful. Very little bright spots at all.

I posted on the thread earlier that we (as in the fans) needed to be up for it. It genuinely sounded and looked like nobody was up for it at all. That is genuinely the worst performance I've seen in a long, long time. The nilling at home by Glasgow a few years ago is up there.

I was all for giving Geordan time....but even I'm questioning that now. It's going to be a bumpy ride to the ended of the season at this rate.

On an even more sour note one extremely drunk Saints fan on the terrace being a disgrace while his teenage son acted as carer. After he and his Tigers supporting friend stated, quite loudly, that all women should be shot before wanting to punch my lights out when being asked politely to wind his head in. Topped off a pretty rank night. Is the game going the way of the wensyball?!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Compared to the Wasps game, the fans were lacklustre to say the least, well except the ever damning ones of course. I was fed up 20 minutes in but why do some people feel the need to let the whole stand know how important there vitriol is.

Fans weren’t up for it, Wayne dropped a clanger 5 minutes in and set the tone, Tigers were dead after 20 minutes.

Disappointing.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Ford, another excellently controlled performance, but the back line just isn't on the same wavelength.

VERY concerned about Genge - I don't think he is going to hang around this much longer.

Barnes was pretty poor - doesn't help that he was on Rugby Tonight this week that they got the Olowofela score in the corner wrong last month. Its simply unacceptable that the TMO didn't call that knock on that lead up to the first score.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

We’re now stuck between a rock and a hard place. It’s obvious the coaching team aren’t up to task. But can we afford to change the coaches again, it’s turning into a circus with no end in sight.

Well played Saints. Very well coached team who looked to put width on the ball and attack the wide channels. Made it look easy. Odd that we were playing two opensides and still didn’t manage to compete at the breakdown.