Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by ourla »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 pm Whoever is playing is, to some extent, irrelevant. Most of the top internationals are back and we are playing our rivals. The correct attitude is what I want to see from the most junior to the most senior player. This is a win at all costs game because of history, because of our position in the table and just because...
This is contradictory. If the game is win at all costs, then who is playing is very important surely. Just because are internationals are back and it's Saints doesn't ensure anything.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Feel bad for Joe Ford, booted straight out of the 23. He's held his head up and done his best in some awful team performances recently, deserves his spot far more than Owen and arguably Toomua.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:07 pm Feel bad for Joe Ford, booted straight out of the 23. He's held his head up and done his best in some awful team performances recently, deserves his spot far more than Owen and arguably Toomua.
I agree with you
As Good As It Gets
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:07 pm Feel bad for Joe Ford, booted straight out of the 23. He's held his head up and done his best in some awful team performances recently, deserves his spot far more than Owen and arguably Toomua.
+1 I thought he had found his mojo recently.
I'm not cynical just experienced
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:16 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Feel bad for Joe Ford, booted straight out of the 23. He's held his head up and done his best in some awful team performances recently, deserves his spot far more than Owen and arguably Toomua.
I agree with you
Wow! If he reads this forum he must feel like he's landed in a parallel universe - he's usually roundly criticised. I do think he's done enough to be in the squad and potentially adds more positional depth as he can play fullback as well as 10.
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

+ another one. His recent, much better performances could well have come from a rise in confidence, which a lack of, was affecting earlier games. I've nothing to back that up. It's just a thought. No one will benefit if there's a step backwards.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don't think he's done enough to be ahead of Toomua.
1 excellent MotM performance, BUT can you honestly say that has been the norm from him?

Even if that had given him confidence the Sale game would've knocked it out of him again.

Toomua if fit has to be in the 23 IMO currently, and if Toomua is on the bench you can't really have another 10 on the bench alongside him.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I'd have started Toomua - time to earn his salary.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm I'd have started Toomua - time to earn his salary.
:smt023 Agree with you SC.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

And me ! At least Toomua can tackle unlike Eastmond .
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

MikeR wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm And me ! At least Toomua can tackle unlike Eastmond .
Very unfair on Eastmond, it was his defence that won the reverse fixture!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Just been screwed by the officials. Blatant knock on by Nayavoro missed by them all and a try results.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I really don't understand how we keep getting screwed over this badly by officials
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

You play what's in front of you, and we can't defend to save our lives.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Confidence looks shot, if we get stuck in we can win this!